Ruger 5.7 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ll be honest... I posted this thread originally because the local store I was in had one and my blind ass could have sworn from the gun counter to the back wall where the rifle was the 8 was a 6 on the price tag.. I thought they mispriced it at $650, not $850, and I was going to buy it just because of that reason alone. The $55/box ammo behind me was kind of a turn off though.

I actually went back to the store about 15 minutes after leaving because I knew it would drive me nuts if it was actually priced at $650 and I missed out.. I asked to see it and Yup, $850… I fingered it and handed it back. My far sight isn’t good for reading numbers. Lol

The upper feels like quality. The lower felt very cheap though. Had neat Ruger flip up sights. If it was $650 I would have bought it. But for $850 I thought it was high.

5.7 is still an interesting caliber to me. Someday I may get into it but not until someone produces some affordable ammo.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll be honest... I posted this thread originally because the local store I was in had one and my blind ass could have sworn from the gun counter to the back wall where the rifle was the 8 was a 6 on the price tag.. I thought they mispriced it at $650, not $850, and I was going to buy it just because of that reason alone. The $55/box ammo behind me was kind of a turn off though.

I actually went back to the store about 15 minutes after leaving because I knew it would drive me nuts if it was actually priced at $650 and I missed out.. I asked to see it and Yup, $850… I fingered it and handed it back. My far sight isn’t good for reading numbers. Lol

The upper feels like quality. The lower felt very cheap though. Had neat Ruger flip up sights. If it was $650 I would have bought it. But for $850 I thought it was high.

5.7 is still an interesting caliber to me. Someday I may get into it but not until someone produces some affordable ammo.
Affordable is a relative term I think. I wouldnt be shocked if they didnt release some random cartridge that nobody asked for as a solution nobody was having… like .30 Super Carry… 😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom