Ruger-57

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want one of these, always wanted a 5.7 platform but the ergos on the FN are garbage IMO.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, but I read two articles on it and neither mentioned whether it comes standard with a call tag for the inevitable Ruger recall? :anyone:

^^^I hate to be cynical but this was the first thing that went through my mind, for both of these new Rugers (the LCP .22 LR and the 5.7x28).

But in both cases, I'd like to maybe rent these pistols and fire a few rounds to try them.

heavysmoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's big, and shoots a round very short on data. I think it will sell due to being a 5.7 the average person can afford. I dont see the round as being particularly useful for my purposes, but it does seem to be accurate with light recoil. I have shot the 5.7 quite a bit. Ruger semi auto handgun models seem to be suspect when they come out, and I realize that can be said about other manufacturers, sig, glock gen 4 etc...., but ruger seems to come up alot in recalls.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's big, and shoots a round very short on data. I think it will sell due to being a 5.7 the average person can afford. I dont see the round as being particularly useful for my purposes, but it does seem to be accurate with light recoil. I have shot the 5.7 quite a bit. Ruger semi auto handgun models seem to be suspect when they come out, and I realize that can be said about other manufacturers, sig, glock gen 4 etc...., but ruger seems to come up alot in recalls.

Between their firearms and their ammo, IMHO Remington seems to be the leader in the number of recalls and lack of quality control problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom