Ruger American Rifle Hunter - worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time there's an ammo scare, 9mm/5.56/.308/7.62x39 fly off the shelves, but there are stacks of .243, 7mm-08, and 6.5 creedmoor are left sitting there.

I’ve only seen 7mm-08 at cabelas, one federal load was all they had. The had no 243, and neither has any other shops except I found 5 boxes at academy last week for $35 a box! For basic federal ammo. And 6.5 creedmoor is as common as 308 on the shelves right now. But I haven’t seen 243 since this time last year.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Added a new Boyd’s stock to my 6.5g last night. Will be bedding it today.

52D1386E-AC25-4156-9645-69B37831FC0E.jpeg

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correct I made a nylon spacer for mine and epoxied it to the mag well so to prevent that I believe

Still no answer from Boyd’s on the mag well. **** customer service from them on this whole order.

Anyway this has been a project getting the fit just right I ended up killing the bottom metal (plastic) deeper into the stock and then shimming it with some thin G10 to get the mag to sit right and then cut two coils off my mag springs to get the last round to feed properly. God I hope it shoots at this point or else I’m likely to toss it in a river 😂

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still no answer from Boyd’s on the mag well. **** customer service from them on this whole order.

Anyway this has been a project getting the fit just right I ended up killing the bottom metal (plastic) deeper into the stock and then shimming it with some thin G10 to get the mag to sit right and then cut two coils off my mag springs to get the last round to feed properly. God I hope it shoots at this point or else I’m likely to toss it in a river 😂
Don't do that you got a good gun just keep working it

Latest posts

Top Bottom