Ruger Bisley fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 45 Colt Ruger Bisley with 7 1/2" barrel the first year Ruger made them. Seriously the best handgun I ever bought for $300.
I have killed 9 whitetails, a big pig and a couple coyotes and 6 raccoons with it.
With +p heavy loads it is amazingly powerful yet accurate and tolerable recoil with the heavy bullets. My grandkids have shot a pile of cowboy loads through it. With #4 shot loads it is a copperhead dicer.
I have a lever Rossi in 45 LC too. Wish I had grabbed a color case 5 1/2" Ruger Bisley Vaquero before they became unobtanium.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a few Bisley's, probably my favorite revolvers. Even have a 5 1/2 Vaquero Bisley like your talking about. I need to have a ACP cylinder fitted to it.

RobertinElkCity

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bisley grip frame is fantastic. I have a 45 Colt Hunter, 45 Colt 5 1/2 w/ 45A cylinder, and I just got a 480 Ruger. Lots of fun at the range, haven't been hunting yet. Fun to reload too, mild to wild.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, the 5 1/2" Bisley Vaquero is one of the best for carry with heavy loads. Balance is awesome, carries in a holster and draws smooth and fast. The color case finish would sure match my Rossi lever nice. I have fired one in 44 and 45 and compared to my 7 1/2, I like the balance much better. Recoil is easier to handle with the Bisley grip.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the Bisley grip frame is the ticket for big recoil, it keeps the gun from rotating in your hand like a regular Blackhawk does. There my favorite, I thought they were ugly til I started shooting them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom