Ruger Customer service very good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, like a ton of others, have an issue with the Ruger Rotary mag on my Ruger American Predator.
Contacted Ruger customer service ready for a hard time and got great service.
Told them my problem with the factory mag and a ton more about how could Ruger make such a poor mag on a great gun.
They just asked for my address and sent me a new mag. No they did not ask for the other one to be sent to them. They also wanted me to let them know if I had the same issues with the new one.
I'm not out anything and my hopes are high that this one works. I also will have the chance to alter the other one with some of the suggestions I've seen on the web.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the gun companies live and die from customer service. The profit margin is so low on guns in normal times like we are experiencing now that they have to do something to gain market share. I talked to a Savage factory rep one time several years ago and I'm just repeating what he told me.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent. Ruger is well known for their customer service. Good to hear this.
I was shocked but shouldn't have been. I've had very little problems with Ruger's I've owned and only had one previous contact with Customer service and that was just a question, that was answered the next day.
Not bad.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of magazine problems are you having? I have a standard Ruger American in .243 Winchester and I have not had any issues with any of the 4 mags that I have. I noticed that 2 of mine have plastic followers while the other 2 have metal followers, but they all fit and feed just fine.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Feeding. The Round will nose down and the follower will not push up. Mess with the bolt and you end with a double feed.
I have read a lot of people having this issue with it in the american ranch and the creedmoor. I've seen where people have dremeled out the front in a small u that fixed the issue. The original mag you could add tension on the spring but Rugers fix, stopped this option with a slight design change.
Since I just use this for bench, not that big of deal, but if I was hunting and missed my buck....big problem.
Mag's are way too high for this plastic. With the popularity of this gun, I would hope someone would make a 10 round that would work.
When my new mag (free from Ruger...thank you very much customer service) I'm going to try the dremel suggestion on the one that came with the rifle.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one issue with the Ruger Precision, the REAR bolt shroud (where the trigger adjustment wrench is stored) was so tight I have to use slip joint pliers to remove it, I marred the finish a bit even using cloth between the wrench and the surface. Once call to Ruger and they send me a new one ......lmao it was just as tight .....lol but they sent me a new one in less than a week. That puts them right up ther with Weber grills as far as customer service.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I havent had any problems with the one in my girls Ranch 223. I guess its more prone to do so in certain calibers.
I think the 308 and the 6.5 are the ones having problems. Some people they work flawlessly and others have the problem I have and more. May be a lot problem that's tied to a design flaw they're not willing to deal with yet.
But as far as addressing the issue, Ruger Rocks.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just tried something I read about on my Ruger mag. I sprayed the crap out of the mag with Ballistol and going to leave it overnight. Although rem oil was named, I don't think there's any difference as they're both based on mineral oil except ballistol emulsifies and that's better.
Let you know tomorrow

Latest posts

Top Bottom