Ruger LCP (2013) Experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a stainless LCP recently to carry with me on some runs. I took it to the range last weekend and ran about 220 rounds through it. It had several failures (mostly FTF) in the first 130 rounds but not a hiccup after that. It was surprisingly accurate. I think some paint on the front sight in foreseeable.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of worthwhile LCP accessories in this pic.

FullSizeRender2(2).jpg
First is the factory 7-round extended magazine, seated in the pistol. This is a high-quality item. I particularly like how Ruger extended the grip stippling onto both the sides and the front of the magazine. The resulting grip is very comfortable; not a 3 finger grip but a secure, generous 2 finger grip. The 7 rd mag seats smoothly and firmly and has been completely reliable in early testing (I've only been able to run about 30 rounds through it). 7+1 makes a nice little CCW package. Only downside is that they are scarce online except for Ruger's accessories website (shopruger.com), and they are $39 from Ruger.

Second is the Mitch Rosen OWB leather holster, also available from Ruger's site, about $75. Very nice and comfortable item. We think of the LCP as a "pocket pistol" but I am really enjoying it as a super low-profile, fully concealable belt carry. Remember, everything in this picture is small. Just wear an untucked polo over the holstered LCP and it is gone. I also enjoy having my front pants pocket back! :)

PS: After I snapped this pic I noticed that the pistol's rear frame pin was starting to walk out a little. See it? It's on the side of the beavertail. It does this after every 50 rounds or so. Apparently it is pretty common with LCPs. I push the pin back in place with the flat side of a screwdriver and go on.

Last edited:

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW I was just noticing the other day how smooth the LCP's (post-2013) trigger is getting with use. If it were a snubby revolver's trigger you would call it unusually sweet.

I bet it would not be nearly as decent if the LCP had a mag disconnect safety. Those dumb things can be poisonous to DA trigger quality -- see e.g. the poor Ruger SR22. Thanks for keeping the LCP nice and simple, Ruger!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom