Ruger Mark IV...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger MKII are my favorites
Mine too prefer the Mk II don't have all that extra chamber indicator etc . The first gun I bought whe I moved here to the states was a mark ll target standard 5 1/2 in barrel. Shot a brick a week through it for at least a year I figure it's got 50,000 rounds through it by now still accurate with a good trigger. It's loosened up and is easy to take apart now so shoot the tar out of them

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda want one of these or a S&W victory, but I really like my MKIII 22/45 now that I have it broken in. Too many options for my wallet to decide on.

I also have a MKIII 22/45 AND a S&W SW22 Victory which I bought earlier this year when they were first announced. I've had my 22/45 for a couple of years and it is highly modified for reliability and speed. I've shot steel challenge with both. After trying the stock SW22 for a few months I've gone back to the 22/45, it's more reliable for me. Maybe it's the cheap 22LR ammo I use but I find the 22/45 will eat anything and NEVER jam, the SW22 would not jam often but a couple of times during a SC session. Just enough to knock my scores down. So, I went back to the 22/45 and thinking about getting a MKIV 22/45 when (or if?) they ever come out. OR.... I might just use my 22/45 for a few more years until I finally wear it out which might not ever happen!
I do find that the SW22 is quite a bargain! Out of the box it is very accurate and quite nice to shoot, my cost was right at $350. I got my 22/45 for $300 a couple of years ago and put another $250 in it to make it better for Steel Challenge. So... The SW22 is quote a bargain!

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about waiting for the lite version with the threaded barrel, but nah. I'll keep my bronze 22/45 lite. As little as I shoot now, the extra 10 minutes isn't worth the expense of trading up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Mark III Stainless Hunter. Red dot on top, and the Majestic arms quick strip kit to break it down for cleaning. Actually I rarely break it down for cleaning.
Aerosol can of brake cleaner, and lube its ready for the next steel challenge. My guns run with that method. Ask getoffmylawn. :buttkick:

Latest posts

Top Bottom