Ruger mark series opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chop the mark 2 barrel and thread it

• Total voters

Ak12161

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my opinion on the Paclite uppers. I wi be going and shooting them this weekend. So far from just putting them on and handling them around, I’ve noticed major weight changes and man the milling for the thread protectors is spot on. I don’t know if I described that right or not but when the thread protectors are screwed on the lines are almost impossible to see. Will be shooting them this week to see how well they perform. Hopefully 100% reliable like the original versions. I’m not really counting on it being more accurate since my original barrels were stupid accurate to begin with.

Attachments

• D1E92584-2C2E-4A8D-A871-211F590D0C2C.jpeg
    D1E92584-2C2E-4A8D-A871-211F590D0C2C.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 100

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my opinion on the Paclite uppers. I wi be going and shooting them this weekend. So far from just putting them on and handling them around, I’ve noticed major weight changes and man the milling for the thread protectors is spot on. I don’t know if I described that right or not but when the thread protectors are screwed on the lines are almost impossible to see. Will be shooting them this week to see how well they perform. Hopefully 100% reliable like the original versions. I’m not really counting on it being more accurate since my original barrels were stupid accurate to begin with.

That's pretty awesome looking. Awaiting your comments after the gun range this weekend.

Ak12161

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Range report: well.... if I had to save anyone on time I’d say if youre in need of getting a threaded barrel or want to make your ruger mark series lighter..... do it. The guns handled wonderfully. I was nervous that the lighter pac lite barre on my aluminum frames mark iv would make it recoil slightly more but that worry was not even an issue. The gun shot and handled beautifully. I shot some pretty crappy bulk ammo and it fed I’d say 95% of the ammo flawlessly. Only issues I encountered were after round count 600.... the mark iv started getting finky due to the gunk inside of the gun. The mark II on the other hand.... I got the round count up to 780 before I ran out of 22. The barrels were exactly as advertised and they worked like a charm. My only complaint if I had one on the barrels was that the mark II’s upper didn’t come with filler screws for the rail, when off the gun. So I ended up just leaving the rail on. Not a huge deal just one that small thing I could think of. Oh and the other, which isn’t an exclusive issue to the tac sol barrels is that the thread protectors would unscrew. Nothing an o ring won’t fix though. Overall I’m very happy with the purchase and would definitely do it again. Maybe not get a fluted upper though (I like the Tube look) but that’s just my personal preferance.

Attachments

• 3ECFBCC4-9A75-4DA5-A88F-436EBF04902B.jpeg
    3ECFBCC4-9A75-4DA5-A88F-436EBF04902B.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 84

Latest posts

Top Bottom