Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle 5.56/223

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took one of these in on trade, and believe it or not. It is my first one. I know next to nothing of these, it's in real nice condition with a long (M14 type) flash suppressor. It is a 195 series, will try to post pictures later. Any info would be helpful, I think this one will wind up in the classifieds. I was thinking of keeping it, but have a couple of AR's with all the goodies and would have to start all over with the Ruger.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took one of these in on trade, and believe it or not. It is my first one. I know next to nothing of these, it's in real nice condition with a long (M14 type) flash suppressor. It is a 195 series, will try to post pictures later. Any info would be helpful, I think this one will wind up in the classifieds. I was thinking of keeping it, but have a couple of AR's with all the goodies and would have to start all over with the Ruger.
Mini-14s are fun to shoot. Not as accurate as the average AR, but who cares? It wasn't built as a target rifle. If you like the Garand style action of the M1 Garand and M-14 (M1A), you'll like the Mini. Buy only Ruger mags and you're good to go.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, you lost those AR's in that boating accident remember?

This is one I'd sure like to shoot...I loved the old M-14. For shooting that is. But for humping around with it and all the extra ammo...not quite as much. This thing would make a nice little rifle to have for those times you'd like to have a rifle, but maybe don't need the extra weight and OAL of its bigger brothers. If Jimmy was really my friend, he'd bring it over and at least let me fondle and finger it some...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love a mini, preferably the 30 but the 14 might be OK too. I love the one piece wood stock and rear peep site. I keep offering my Saiga AK in trade for a 30 but no takers so far.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would love a mini, preferably the 30 but the 14 might be OK too. I love the one piece wood stock and rear peep site. I keep offering my Saiga AK in trade for a 30 but no takers so far.
I took a Mini 30 in on trade a few years ago. It was real tempting to keep it. I even bought some ammo for it but never made it to the range to try it out.

I decided to carry it around at Matt's gunshow down in Chickasha and the first guy that looked at it bought it for my asking price. I have often wished I would have kept it though.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my mini 14 and it stands at the ready (locked and loaded) for any riff raff that thinks they might want to mess with us. Best shooting rifle I have ever owned.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a Mini 30 in on trade a few years ago. It was real tempting to keep it. I even bought some ammo for it but never made it to the range to try it out.

I decided to carry it around at Matt's gunshow down in Chickasha and the first guy that looked at it bought it for my asking price. I have often wished I would have kept it though.

Dang. I was hopin' to see some pics...

Latest posts

Top Bottom