Ruger mkiii 22/45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking out the mag safety does not make it go back together with less force, it just changes the point it up, then point it down sequence to be the same as the MK2 pistols. It is worth it to me.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is my opinion also that any of the Ruger Mark pistols do to get "easier" to take down and put back together the more you do it as far as how hard you gotta whack the thing with the rubber mallet goes. I can just about tear mine down now and reassemble with no tools needed except for a gentle tap on the top of the mainspring pin with a wooden dowel and the mallet at the very beginning. Damn things will perplex a man and that is a fact though. I remember my virgin attempt at reassembly which turned into a full blown assault complete with blood and cussin' too.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do feel better that I'm not the only one.

Oh no good buddy; you aren't by any means the only one. Odds are, somewhere in America, right now, some poor sap is cussin' his butt off at his decision to buy a Ruger Mark pistol of any variety as he beats the crap out of it trying to figure out how in the hell to get the damn thing back together. :pissed:

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no good buddy; you aren't by any means the only one. Odds are, somewhere in America, right now, some poor sap is cussin' his butt off at his decision to buy a Ruger Mark pistol of any variety as he beats the crap out of it trying to figure out how in the hell to get the damn thing back together.

And bleeding :/

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched a guy on YouTube last night just chatting about the pistol, took it apart showed off the parts and reassembly took him about 8 seconds. Pissed me off.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger should include a dvd and text book with their mk series pistols. After completing the assignments in the book and successfully reassembling a mk series pistol you should get a diploma or plaque to hang on the wall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom