Ruger MKIV Review/Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When looking at them from the rear do they still give a completely square sight picture with that front blade? Still easy to hit stuff way out there?

Yep. You can just use the top of the front sight like a "regular" one and get a "regular sight picture". As far as hitting stuff "way out there"? That's up to you...

Ordered it from MidWay but had to pay $4.99 in shipping. Darn thing can't weigh that much. 1/4 the cost of the item on shipping.
Got the green fiber.

Yeah, I think the charges are more due to the size of the padded envelope they ship it in than the weight of the item. Anyway, shipping is always a bummer...I think you will like the green sight fine.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you get the "Target" model? Been eyeing the new Target with the wood grips, but would like to hold one first. Also, I wonder how practical/difficult it would be to get someone to thread the barrel...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Posted my pictures of my sight and few differences between yours and mine. Yours look great. Yours are clear and crisp. Yours has a grasp of what a picture is suppose to look like.
Mine look like crap. Mine are what a drunk would see on a three day bender. Mine have all the artistic quality of a broken stick.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Posted my pictures of my sight and few differences between yours and mine. Yours look great. Yours are clear and crisp. Yours has a grasp of what a picture is suppose to look like.
Mine look like crap. Mine are what a drunk would see on a three day bender. Mine have all the artistic quality of a broken stick.

I found the one druryj posted, I believe it's the 2211's, Yes ? Might you post a link to the one on midway steelfingers, please and thank you.. while not rimfire, Midway has a killer deal on s&b 12 g 00 buck.. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...munition-12-gauge-2-3-4-00-buckshot-9-pellets

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get the "Target" model? Been eyeing the new Target with the wood grips, but would like to hold one first. Also, I wonder how practical/difficult it would be to get someone to thread the barrel...

Yep, Target Model. I'll have it at the Eat-N-Shoot on March 18th for folks to shoot.

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice! I've been thinking about picking up the 'new' MKIV since I heard about it a couple weeks back. Good to hear the great review. I love my MK3 but hate cleaning it!! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom