Ruger P89 on sale @ J&G $199.95

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ruger may make some ugly guns, but their reliability, all of their firearms, is unparalleled by any other manufacturer. Granted Glocks are reliable, but they are all the same pistol. Where as Ruger runs the gamut with multiple types of firearms, rifle rim-fire an center-fire both manual operation an semi-auto, pistol rim-fire an center-fire, same with there revolvers, and even their short lived shotguns. Even though Ruger doesn't offer a written policy of lifetime free repair, if something breaks they pretty much will fix it at their cost.

Now most of the time I trust my life to a Glock pistol, but I have no problems when I decide to carry one of my Rugers. Just like the Glock they work regardless of how they look, and they shoot pretty damn good too. As far as the one mentioned, if I needed a truck/tackle box gun, that's a great steal, and anyone who needs a really good pistol should jump all over them, hell get two if you can!!!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How does the safety work on these? Is it like a beretta? Push up is and away from the body for fire and down and back for safe?

Up for fire, down for safe, just like a Beretta, S&W 3rd Generation, and most other western world firearms. Its the ComBloc guns you have to be careful with like the PM Makarov where the safety is the opposite of our guns, down is fire, up is safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom