Ruger PC9 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is tube fed. 4 in the tube and one in the chamber. It's not my primary deer hunting rifle, but it sure does the trick. 100 yds being the longest shot on a deer to date, and I'm not going to stretch it any further.

I love mine. Ive heard the ones like mine shoot a little softer than the earlier ones. Ive never shot an earlier one though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine. Ive heard the ones like mine shoot a little softer than the earlier ones. Ive never shot an earlier one though.
Even with extremely hot 230 grain loads, mine runs pretty smooth. I've let others shoot it and they were expecting some bone crushing recoil, but it's just not there. Same ammo in my Super Redhawk will hurt ya.
I remember back in the day, when at the ammo counter, you could buy .44 mag rifle ammo, and .44 mag pistol ammo.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reviews I've read and watched for the PC Carbine have been very good. Great trigger, very accurate is the word thus far. Although I'd prefer 45 acp, If one shows up locally at the right price I may have give try it out.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked one up and looked at it the other day. Pretty neat but ugly has hell. Form follows function for me though. Has a last round hold open but you cant lock the bolt back without the mag in it. The mag actually holds the bolt open. I didnt like that part.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I picked one up and looked at it the other day. Pretty neat but ugly has hell. Form follows function for me though. Has a last round hold open but you cant lock the bolt back without the mag in it. The mag actually holds the bolt open. I didnt like that part.

So if you drop the mag the bolt goes home?

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe so, yes. I even commented about there not being a bolt release and you cant lock it back without a mag in it and the guy at the gun store said he didnt like that part as well. And I know this guy and he actually knows his ****. But I didnt actually lock it back with a mag in it and then remove the mag to see if it closed so I cant say for 100% sure.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

(start at 8:13 if it doesn't automatically)

Watch for a few seconds. The bolt DOES NOT drop when mag removed.

Still watching more of the video to see if it can be locked back without the mag.

EDIT:

Bolt CAN BE LOCKED BACK WITHOUT MAG!

Works the same way a 10/22 does.

(start at 28:30 if it doesn't automatically)

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Where was this at?