Ruger Precision Rimfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm leaning a little toward this one--a new for 2018 Ruger American Rimfire target rifle in a thumb-hole stock:
www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2018_01_8360.jpg

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that 22plinkster is a paid endorser. The stock on this rifle may become really flexible while shooting on a warm Oklahoma day.
You could be right but range reports from paid users indicate that is not the case.

Last edited:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like others here I love .22lr firearms, probably more than any other's except maybe my blackpowder guns. Even though I'm left handed I'm not bothered by it being only a right handed bolt. I was brought up shooting right handed bolt guns left handed, so no big issue.

Now to this gem of a rifle, along with my other .22lr rifle's this will get added to the collection, but first I want to get a SR22R first to go along with my SR22P.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been following this one pretty close on rimfirecentral and snipershide. The reviews range from outstanding accuracy to horrible. I still think I want to give one a try.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have to admit I'm a sucker for rimfire guns, especially CZ. I have more of them than I care to admit. I've spent the last couple of days looking at the CZ 455 Tacticool and Precision Trainer, Anschutz, Boyd and Manners stocks, options to improve my current 10/22's and CZ's, etc. Almost placed an order tonight at https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=122768 for this suppressor ready combo, then I see the Ruger. Anyone see a date these will be available?

Any of the local ranges host a Precision Rifle Shoot for .22's? These appear to be growing in popularity in some parts of the country. If so, that would be the excuse I need.

Have to agree on CZ and Ruger. I am starting to get into the older bolt action rimfires.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, one of these followed me home last week on a whim. Overall pretty happy with it, but I was really hoping for a wood stock rimfire. Anyone know of any manufacturers making replacement stocks yet? I suppose the other option is to trade on an American Target like the one MM posted. If only I had some self control. :doh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom