Ruger recalls the Mark IV Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger recently discovered that all Mark IV[emoji769] pistols (including 22/45[emoji769] models) manufactured prior to June 1, 2017 have the potential to discharge unintentionally if the safety is not utilized correctly. In particular, if the trigger is pulled while the safety lever is midway between the “safe” and “fire” positions (that is, the safety is not fully engaged or fully disengaged), then the pistol may not fire when the trigger is pulled. However, if the trigger is released and the safety lever is then moved from the mid position to the “fire” position, the pistol may fire at that time. View Safety Bulletin PDF

MARK I, MARK II[emoji769] AND MARK III[emoji769] PISTOLS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS RECALL
Although only a small percentage of pistols appear to be affected and we are not aware of any injuries, Ruger is firmly committed to safety and would like to retrofit all potentially affected pistols with an updated safety mechanism.

Until your Mark IV[emoji769] pistol has been retrofitted or you verify that it is not subject to the recall, we strongly recommend that you not use your pistol.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/06/14/ruger-mark-iv-recalled/amp/

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger recently discovered that all Mark IV[emoji769] pistols (including 22/45[emoji769] models) manufactured prior to June 1, 2017 have the potential to discharge unintentionally if the safety is not utilized correctly. In particular, if the trigger is pulled while the safety lever is midway between the “safe” and “fire” positions (that is, the safety is not fully engaged or fully disengaged), then the pistol may not fire when the trigger is pulled. However, if the trigger is released and the safety lever is then moved from the mid position to the “fire” position, the pistol may fire at that time. View Safety Bulletin PDF

MARK I, MARK II[emoji769] AND MARK III[emoji769] PISTOLS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS RECALL
Although only a small percentage of pistols appear to be affected and we are not aware of any injuries, Ruger is firmly committed to safety and would like to retrofit all potentially affected pistols with an updated safety mechanism.

Until your Mark IV[emoji769] pistol has been retrofitted or you verify that it is not subject to the recall, we strongly recommend that you not use your pistol.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/06/14/ruger-mark-iv-recalled/amp/

Isn’t this several months worth old; maybe even a year? I had mine done long, long ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom