Ruger SBH got some work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sent my Ruger SBH Bisley off back in the summer to Powers Metal Works for some work, got it back yesterday. Sights got replaced with a Bowen rear sight and Fermin Garza front sight; installed a Belt Mountain #5 base pin; free spin pawl; fresh blue job and action job. I ran about 30-40 rounds through it today and it shoots nice. I think these sights are definitely going to be better for playing around long range. Now for some grips, think I'm going to try out Chig's for this one. Pics suck but here she is...
20211223_191934.jpg
20211223_192017.jpg
20211223_192048.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Super nice! A Bowen Rough Country rear sight will help a lot, I put one on my SBH and it’s great.

Nice pistol, nice groups too. What load are you using?
These are 240 gr LSWC over Unique, some I had loaded already. This gun will be getting the same load but with newer bullets, as these old bullets are undersized to my chambers. I sent my cylinder and some bullets to Fermin Garza and he checked them all out, said my cylinders were good to go but the bullets I had been loading were under spec, whereas the newer stock I have (different company) are spec'd better to my gun. Same guy that builds the front sights, very knowledgeable and down to earth!

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard Fermin was a real good guy to work with and that his work was outstanding. I’ve been on his sight a few times reading as much as I could.

I sent mine to David Clements for some work and had one of his custom sight base/blades put on. I’ve been thinking about seeing if Fermin could do a gold dot sight blade for mine.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard Fermin was a real good guy to work with and that his work was outstanding. I’ve been on his sight a few times reading as much as I could.

I sent mine to David Clements for some work and had one of his custom sight base/blades put on. I’ve been thinking about seeing if Fermin could do a gold dot sight blade for mine.
Is Clements the one that was around Baton Rouge at one time? I know I've heard of him, just can't recall where he was located. I talked to Fermin a few times on the phone, easy to talk to and never tried to talk over my head or anything like some "experts" do.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly that the Bisley model ejector is full length? Kicks empty brass all the way clear out of the cylinder? I bought a NM SBH a few years ago and am a little dissatisfied with the short stroke ejector rod. 2/3 length ejection, maybe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom