Ruger Single Seven Birdhead .327 Federal Magnum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just purchased a Ruger Single Seven .327 Federal Magnum 7 shot single action revolver. It is the birdhead frame. I'm not crazy about the grips and am thinking of replacing them. My question is do these Single Seven revolvers use the same grips as a New Vaquero? Or do they interchange with some other revolver with a birdhead frame? Also I'd like any good sources for grips or other accessories for this gun.
327.jpg

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let us know how it shoots, been wanting one since they came out
Yes I will as soon as I receive it. I am looking to purchase a good quantity of ammunition right now as
none of my local retailers seem to keep it on hand. I'm anxious to shoot the .327 round and I'm also
curious as to how the Ruger birdhead framed revolver will feel. So I'll keep you posted.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just purchased a Ruger Single Seven .327 Federal Magnum 7 shot single action revolver. It is the birdhead frame. I'm not crazy about the grips and am thinking of replacing them. My question is do these Single Seven revolvers use the same grips as a New Vaquero? Or do they interchange with some other revolver with a birdhead frame? Also I'd like any good sources for grips or other accessories for this gun.View attachment 106981

Have you had loadin/unloading problems...I think this could have been a case issue myself

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you had loadin/unloading problems...I think this could have been a case issue myself

Yeah I have not received my Gun yet but that's interesting. I believe you may be right that that is an isolated case. I haven't read or heard of it before. Interesting though.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just on Gunbroker looking at a Talo version of a Ruger .44 magnum birdshead Vaquero. Now if I get a .44 magnum
I don't believe that a short barreled birdshead would be my choice. I did notice certain features that I liked. The target hammer for instance.
44 - Copy.jpg
I was wondering if this is a part that I could put on my New Vaquero .327. I just like the look of it but I don't know if it would be adaptable to my gun. I also like the front sight on this gun. It seems like they have given
the front face of the sight a forward angle and it looks to have serrations. 44.jpg This is something that I wish I had on
my new gun as well as my 5.5" New Vaquero .45 Colt. I'm wondering if a good gunsmith could alter a front sight to this profile. It would sure be a help for me picking up that front sight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom