Ruger SR 22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just love this little gun.
I got it to replace the 38 SW revolver my wife gun (38 +P SW revolver) that was destroying her wrist. She has a degenerative issue in her wrist (caprals/meta carpals/) that's getting pretty bad. She'd never admit it, but I know by how swollen they get. We go shooting a lot this year and the wife is a country gal and can shoot. She has no issue with recoil or cal so that's not the reason I got her another gun. She loves to go shoot and I wanted her to have a gun that she can shoot without pain and not be the least hesitant to use to protect herself.
Some people will laugh at 22 being used for self defense but from someone that took everything in oklahoma that ever walked or crawled with a 22, it will be just fine defending her home and self. Yep....I even took deer with a 22 when I was a kid. Anyone that says that's not possible have never really needed to be able to take a deer with a 22 and I have as a kid.
There's something very cool about this gun. It shoots great and is a very simply made weapon. My wife not only likes it she's great at distance with it.
I put some cheap Hi Viz front sights on it but I think I'm going to order the large white dot with the red circle.
Ruger 1.jpg
Ruger 2.jpg
Ruger 3.jpg
Ruger 4.jpg

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one for my wife too. She is very accurate with it. We have had it for years and it has been flawless with all kinds of .22 ammo. Only one it didn’t like was the new Federal Punch ammo. Would have an FTF or FTE in the first 1-3 rounds on occasion. Would finish the rest of the mag after that.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one for my wife too. She is very accurate with it. We have had it for years and it has been flawless with all kinds of .22 ammo. Only one it didn’t like was the new Federal Punch ammo. Would have an FTF or FTE in the first 1-3 rounds on occasion. Would finish the rest of the mag after that.
Thanks for replying and saying that your wife has one as well. I have a ton of cci and it shoots it well. I also have a boat load of Federal. Have shot a bunch of mixed and had a couple of FTF's but that's been about it.
Thanks for watching.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it's just you and I that care about this gun my friend (Ha). Thanks for responding

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is very cool. The swap out, installing a threaded barrel, is easy. Which suppressor is that? Any ejection issues?
That's a very good look. Is the suppressor interchangeable with other hand guns you have?
The one I have has adaptors for all my riles including my AK (reverse thread thing) and I love it. I've shot a suppressed 22 and all you heard was the click of the action. I would bet suppressed subsonic might have ejection issues but I don't know.
Thanks for the very nice pic.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot CCI minimags through my wife’s SR22 with a Gemtech Outback II and they are still subsonic in that short of a barrel.

Attachments

• Pistol - Ruger SR22.jpg
    Pistol - Ruger SR22.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 0

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is very cool. The swap out, installing a threaded barrel, is easy. Which suppressor is that? Any ejection issues?
That's a very good look. Is the suppressor interchangeable with other hand guns you have?
The one I have has adaptors for all my riles including my AK (reverse thread thing) and I love it. I've shot a suppressed 22 and all you heard was the click of the action. I would bet suppressed subsonic might have ejection issues but I don't know.
Thanks for the very nice pic.
It's an form 1 I didn't like others designs so I built my own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom