Ruger SR1911 grips ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scott Prince makes some really nice grips, very reasonable...585-329-6846. He could make some with your coins

Yep. He made these for me.
4c1985ace4910067dc2094369b47dba7.jpg
ae1922d69278fead67c3342fbdf90d2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are really nice! I say go for it.

Yep. Those would be easy for him to inset in whatever wood you want. When he made that USMC set for me, it took him about two weeks. I forget the price, but it wasn’t too much. Wouldn’t hurt to give him a shout and see what he says.

But I also gotta say I agree with the suggestion of Altamont. They have a whole bunch of 1911 grips that would really dress that pistol up.

Please let us know what you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a set of Masonic grips gifted to me that I haven't installed yet but I'm really liking the looks of the dark stained wood Ruger grips pictured above......haven't tried the Masonic grips yet but I'm thinking that they may be a little slippery / slick when firing.

The wife came in the room yesterday evening and saw me looking at the Ruger grips again and said, "quit procrastinating and just order them"......guess I better do what the boss says. :)

Attachments

• Masonic 1911 grips..jpg
    Masonic 1911 grips..jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a set of Masonic grips gifted to me that I haven't installed yet but I'm really liking the looks of the dark stained wood Ruger grips pictured above......haven't tried the Masonic grips yet but I'm thinking that they may be a little slippery / slick when firing.

The wife came in the room yesterday evening and saw me looking at the Ruger grips again and said, "quit procrastinating and just order them"......guess I better do what the boss says. :)

Agreed! Any time you hear those words, jump on it before she changes her mind!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call it a early Xmas present to myself but I finally quit procrastinating and ordered these this morning from Ruger......hopefully they'll look as good in person as the ones on the website.

Being dark I figure that they'll stand out nicely against my stainless SR1911.

$42.95 total including the $8.00 shipping.......now the wait begins. :)

Ruger wood grips..jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom