Ruger SR22 Range Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radisri

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well finally got to go to the range with the Ruger. Went out this morning was quiet arrived there were 2 people there. Waited to set up my target. Load some CCI. Took me a couple of Magazines to get it all figured out. Way Better shooting than I thought i would be. Easier on my wrist dealing with carpel tunnel while shooting hurts. I managed to shot 160 round today. It didn't like the federal 2 boxes of 50 I had though. Had a spent casing stick in the chamber. I ate the the CCI very good. I'm not a really good shot so my groupings aren't the best. Makes my EDC Glock feel like a brick though. I belived I will enjoy the Ruger for many years to come. Just need a couple more magazines though. Was concerned about the trigger pull at first but as I went on it didn't bother me. Fit well in my hand. Very Nice Gun. Goes with my 2 other Ruger guns.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. Glad you like the little Ruger. I have found the SR-22 to have excellent overall ergonomics. By the way, which grip were you using?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had and SR22 and shot a steel challenge match with it. Very shootable pistol, puts lead where you point it but for accuracy the 22/45 I got after I sold the SR22 put it to shame.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about getting an SR22, but after using and hating the Walther P22, which is almost the exact same design, I backed off.

You might be surprised by the SR22. They're great shooters and they'll function fine with the cheapest of ammo....at least mine does. I got one a while back and it immediately got adopted (stolen) by my wife. She loves it and so do I when I can pry it out of her hand. I've tried the similar Walther and Sig variants and they don't compare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom