Ruger Supreme Hunter II - 44 magnum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under no circumstance will I shoot a muzzle braked rifle without ear protection and the only reason I do use a muzzle brake, is because it allows me to be able to watch the bullet impact it's target...

On revolvers though, the perceived decrease in noise is something I have never been able to figure out. I don't know if it has to do with the type powders used, larger bores or what. I just don't know...

You are welcome for the load data. That has always been my go-to load for the 44 magnum and it has accounted for a LOT of deer out of a lot of different handguns...

Oh yeah, and you busting oranges at 50 yds. with a 2X pistol scope - excellent shooting! I have tried shooting a 2X pistol scope before and I just cannot do it. I hope you get the chance to kill a deer with your pistol, it can be very addictive...

I have asked Game and Fish if they thought they could offer something like a 3-day "handgun only hunt" for deer, and they said if enough people were interested in it, they would consider it....

DAVID

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi David,

I don't know how to find Tar creek either. I would guess the rain and resulting high, muddy water may have changed the fishing somewhat although I haven't had a chance to wet a line recently.
I'd be interested in a special handgun hunt also. I've given my old Dan Wesson a break for the last 2 deer seasons just to be a little different. I'm sure I'll be carrying it again this fall.

Frank

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Mr. Frank,

I'm sure the rain, mud and cold is gonna have an effect on fish patterns and movement...

I went to my "gar hole" on the creek last week, just to look around and didn't even take a rod and reel with me. My mistake, as the guys fishing there had over 100 fish on their stringers! I went back a couple days later and fished for a couple of hours and never got a single strike. Oh well...

If you want to kill a deer with your pistol this year, you can come and make a hunt with me on my property. If you hunt with a crossbow, you can come and shoot one early in the season if you want to as well....

DAVID

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
032-2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom