Ruger Vaqueros in 357

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old Dog. Got a funny on me.
I purchased a Ruger Target pistol from a guy who was pissed because it wouldn't cycle. Got it "reasonable" since it was practically new. Well, he was right, it wouldn't cycle for ****. I took it a part (never again, ugh) and changed some things (can't remember exactly what at the moment, Torggy parts).
It ran! Off and on... I tried almost every type of 22's I had. CCI HV worked mostly but pretty much nothing else other than an old box of Thunderbolt from the 80's (the old blue wrapper).
Long story short, I stopped by his place and threw it on the desk. He looked at it and said "good shooter". Me-well, not that one. He bet me he could make it run like a top in 30 seconds and I took him up, $20. He takes it in the back, comes out in under a minute feeding shells into the mag. We walk outside, bam, bam, bam, bam,bambambambambambam. Kiss my a$$!
He had lubed it up with some secret kooter juice and 1350 fps remms. He got my $20 plus. I walked out with a couple handfuls of super 22's, he got a good laugh.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a nickel bisley with faux ivorys at a pawn shop yesterday, it was 600 though.
I guess I never realized the 357's were tough to find. I had a case jardened and blue one once.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a nickel bisley with faux ivorys at a pawn shop yesterday, it was 600 though.
I guess I never realized the 357's were tough to find. I had a case jardened and blue one once.

It is tough I have either went by, called or emailed (No one replies, lol!) several places. I would love to get a used one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom