Rules for private FTF sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLEMMTHAMM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggie Meat,
you got what I was trying to say.
I guess "supercede" just wasn't the right word for what I was trying to say.
I guess the right way to have said it was state law cannot supercede federal law??

But that still doesn't show where in the GCA that it says that a non-FFL can not sell a pistol to someone under the age of 21... I think I know the subsection you are talking about when it says that handguns or ammunition suitable only for handguns may only be sold to those over the age of 21 (paraphrasing)... BUT it applies only to licensees. You stated that the GCA applies to everyone but if that were the case then alot of us have committed federal offenses by not obtaining and maintaining the proper paper work required by federal law. SOME applies to everyone and some applies only to FFL's you must read the headings to determine what applies to who.

So with all that being said I would really like to see the subsection in its entirety that you saw that forbids such previously stated transactions.

If I am not right then someone please prove me wrong but I want to see where it is in the GCA or any other applicable fed. law before I cave.

KLEMMTHAMM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still doesn't come across in an easy to interpret way.

"State law cannot be less restrictive than Federal law."

Basically, look at Federal, look at state, then decide which is more restrictive.

Right... I was just saying that it does not state in OK or Federal law that someone can not purchase a handgun from a non-FFL under 21.

And thank you for putting that into a better terms... it makes more sense that way.

KLEMMTHAMM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and here is one from our friends the Brady Bunch!

JUVENILE SALE
Is it illegal to sell handguns to anyone under 21 years of age? No

State law does not restrict selling handguns to juveniles under the age of 21 by unlicensed sellers. Under federal law, only federally licensed dealers are prohibited from selling or delivering handguns or ammunition for handguns to any person under the age of 21. A strong state law is needed to stop unlicensed persons from selling handguns to those under the age of 21.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=ok#juvsale

I think my point is made...

Have the best day ever!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom