Rural Internet options ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Several companies bounce them from grain elevator to grain elevator around here, it's good and anywhere from $40-$100. Good enough to have two NETFLIX accounts running at the same time. Ours is $40

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have lived with the crappy internet service described here for 18 years, now also my rural electric company is string fiber to home internet heading my way in about 12-14 months.
Same with OEC in central Oklahoma--and they're running fiber to the home, not to the pedestal. If you're on a rural electrical coop, you might check with them and see if they have fiber plans.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are on point to point wireless for $40.00, only option where we are other than satellite. Pretty happy now that I finally found a router that didn't need resetting every week. We stream Netflix and Amazon prime without issues on a 3Mb/s connection, truly unlimited. Not sure how I found the ISP was 16 years ago and can't remember.

A little while back I thought I wanted to switch to a Cell carrier but after going through a couple weeks of hell with two different cell providers I decided what I had was a pretty good deal. They both told me lies when discussing plans and neither was truly unlimited.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to my neighbor and they have Atlink and are happy with it, I'll be giving them a call this next week.. I may also call Canadian Valley elec and see if they have anything but I suspect not.. Thanks all...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regarding OEC fiber, we are in an RV park that had them put fiber into the park's system for WiFi. While we were getting fairly cruddy service from the WiFi, the park people suggested buying a "booster" and putting in our RV. After doing that, I've got lots of speed for uploading even huge picture files to my Smugmug site.

Very happy with this arrangement.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're in OEC's service area:
https://www.oecfiber.com/
I work around the Choctaw/Harrah area a couple times a month and they are all over the place running the fiber. It makes me happy for the people because I know how bad it’s sucks not having good internet. Thankfully I was finally able to get Vyve to run fiber in my addition. But before that @NightShade helped me set up a link between my parents. I am still so thankful for him for helping me so much. He knows his stuff and is a great guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom