Rush to "Gun Control" thoughts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had quite the long talk with a close friend that is a teacher yesterday. We’ve hunted,fished and shot together for 30 years. He’s freaked out and on board with getting rid of all semi autos,period.
I truly do think we need to look at mental health. My fear is that people will stop seeking treatment because they don’t want that ‘label’ on their record. The end result over time could be really bad.
Yep, it's call perverse incentives.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe many mass shootings are enabled by our criminal government to push the narrative.
Really? That is beyond insane... And yet some how, our incompetent government, that can't keep a secret, is managing to keep this secret.... Well, except from a few very right wing people with insider knowledge. Too many people would have to be in on it.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Is your teacher friend in favor of teachers carrying at school?
Nope, he thinks that’s a crazy idea. His wife is a rabid liberal and has been as long as I’ve known her. I think she’s getting to him. He also works in the inner city metro schools. Most of his kids are Hispanic or black and the dads are not in the picture. Those things ‘used’ to make him a strong advocate for teaching hard work, self worth and dignity. My time with him yesterday was different, my friend has changed his views. I spent about three hours with him and I don’t think I made a dent.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had quite the long talk with a close friend that is a teacher yesterday. We’ve hunted,fished and shot together for 30 years. He’s freaked out and on board with getting rid of all semi autos,period.
I truly do think we need to look at mental health. My fear is that people will stop seeking treatment because they don’t want that ‘label’ on their record. The end result over time could be really bad.
Easier said than done, but while I wouldn't alienate this teacher friend of yours but if I had a "close friend" that had this view he wouldn't be a close friend any longer. Close friends do want to take my constitutional right away from me. Sure i have "friends" that have very different politcal views than I do but very rarely do I hang out with them or pal-around with them. Just me, YMMV.

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted my thoughts about red flag laws on another thread, copied here:

Just thinking out loud here, not saying I'm a proponent of red flag laws.

Red flag laws that had a very precise list of things that indicate a threat, like posting on social media or making verbal threats of mass violence, and the ability to carry out the act.
Isn't that close to what assault is? A threat and the ability to carry it out? (not a lawyer).

If the threat doesn't say "shooting", but something like 'I'm going to hurt a bunch of kids at school', does that mean we take away all tools of violence? Knives, vehicles, hammers? What if there are no firearms in the home? If the firearms are properly locked up do they take all the family firearms?

What if the threat is only made against one person; "Billy is mean to me so I'm going to hurt him", does that get a red flag?

If a red flag order is issued should it come with mandatory counseling and inspection of the family and home by state DHS? To insure a healthy home life?
If the person is dangerous enough to have his weapons taken away then they obviously need serious help.

People making a false red flag claim should suffer some consequences.

There are a lot of people now that think all republicans are evil and have blood on their hands for gun violence; these people should not be able to just say "Johnny said some scary stuff and his dad has guns" and be able to start red flag proceedings.
One of my biggest fears of Red Flag laws is that people would make them the new "Swatting".

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

He have any guns for sale?

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All (and I mean ALL) regulations on objects are a result of modern man's unwillingness to regulate people.

This goes for things all across the political spectrum, from drugs, to guns, to everything in between.

They want to enact a technical solution, by trying to control THINGS, because they lack the philosophical depth to deal with the gaping holes in their own ideals.

The actual solutions to these problems are unpalatable to Western egalitarians.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All (and I mean ALL) regulations on objects are a result of modern man's unwillingness to regulate people.

This goes for things all across the political spectrum, from drugs, to guns, to everything in between.

They want to enact a technical solution, by trying to control THINGS, because they lack the philosophical depth to deal with the gaping holes in their own ideals.

The actual solutions to these problems are unpalatable to Western egalitarians.
That is a thought provoking post. Would you elaborate on actual solutions that are unpalatable?

Latest posts

Top Bottom