Rush to "Gun Control" thoughts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Open the insane asylums, force treatment.
Round them up, put them in camps. (End homelessness with this ONE SIMPLE TRICK!)
Completely redesign our system of schools and prisons. Prison is for forcibly altering human behavior, not warehousing assholes. There should be lots of types of school, not a one-size-fits-all Prussian-style prison where we cram all the kids regardless of their learning and social style.
Unleash the police. Alter Constitution to unjam the legal system (currently not possible to have a "speedy" trial).
Freedom is downstream from order and social cohesion.
Men must be governed.
Hitler and Stalin among others in our not-too-distant history did most of these very things. Good call!

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Pros of stiff penalties for false reports on red flag laws are they discourage the inevitable, which is reporting someone you don't like even though they are not a danger, but you want to make their life miserable.

The Con is it discourages reporting ANYONE, even if they in fact are a danger, because there's a chance you're wrong, or there eventually is not enough evidence that they are a danger.

So if you're going to enact stiff penalties for false reporting, you might as well not have red flag laws. Prudent people won't report, too much risk involved.
If there was a very definite list of what constitutes a threat that might help cut down on false reporting, and help people come forward if they see the disturbed person meets the qualifications.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's given up or acquiesced to the mob.
And the snowball of those that will acquiesce to the mob will grow larger and larger. Why? Because so many have no principal in there lives. They spend there days just wanting to be accepted and loved. They will ignore the grooming in the classroom and make it out to be no big deal. (They would not want to poke the woke mob)
They will not put the blame on the person for the slaughter of children as that is not a popular view with the wokesters. We have to blame the inanmate object and vote for them to be removed from civilians (except those guarding the mansions of the elite)
I could go on and on with example, the bottom line is people acquiesce because they are weak. They lack a core that is bigger than there ever changing feelings. They lack a spine to stand up for the innocent and protect the freedoms of those to speak of things they do not like, to own the things they do not like. They are weak so they error on the side of being little dictators telling others how to live there lives. It is a disease that grows and grows like a quick spreading cancer. I am concerned to where this road leads for the rest of us. I pray we can turn things around, I am pessimistic that it is possible.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
And due to Hipaa, you'll never get open medical records. And even if they did allow for pertinent information to be revealed, there's no guarantee your gun hating physician won't "add" something to your medical record that will be disclosed. Think youjust won't talk to them about your guns? Stop wearing the clothes too. It's actually easy to pick gun owners out.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my biggest fears of Red Flag laws is that people would make them the new "Swatting".
That is why they can not be allowed to anonymous and if it turns out the person is not a crazy threat, who ever reported them should have to pay the legal fees. That would prevent false reports.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t the pres’ own son illegally purchase a handgun? How come no outrage there? It’s well documented. Here is one news story. He lied about drug use on the background check which is a felony.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/...-itself-into-case-of-hunter-bidens-gun-477879

If politico isn’t your flavor, do a quick search and you will find the same story from multiple sources.
Well, it was only one of those inferior .38 cal handguns and not the badass, lung blow-out capable 9mm.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched this video yesterday that was posted by Dave Rubin of "The Rubin Report." In it and roughly half way through the video, Rubin posted some graphics regarding "gun deaths" in America that were sourced from the Pew Research people. I'll first post the video and then I'll post the screen grabs of the statistics from the Pew Research report.

Pew Research Data1.jpg

Pew Research Data2.jpg

Pew Research Data3.jpg

Pew Research Data4.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom