Rush to "Gun Control" thoughts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Men must be governed."???????????????? I suggest you think carefully about that, SirROFL...

When men are honest and moral, no laws are needed. When men are dishonest and immoral, no laws are effective.
You are absolutely 100% correct. Free men (that is, people who have developed self control, "self-governing" as the Founders would say) do not need to be told what to do. They do not need to be monitored.
The quote doesn't make sense, though, because the honest and moral man comes from somewhere.
The moral and virtuous people who are capable of living without laws don't spring up from the ground, they're the result of hundreds of years of traditions enforced by bayonet. The Founders went out and stabbed the people who were preventing them from living free, compare this to most of our compatriots who won't even turn the TV off even as they watch it destroy their family.

The issue is that modern man has forgotten how to generate these characteristics in people. We now allow the incentives to remain in place to discourage such men from coming into being. As long as we allow our enemies to set the incentive structure in society the number of immoral and dishonest men will continue to grow.
Hitler and Stalin among others in our not-too-distant history did most of these very things. Good call!
Stalin put criminals in jail? Guess we better get rid of jails then, I ain't no COMMIE!
Hitler ensured that his citizen's right to a speedy trial was upheld? Dang, I take it all back then. Send the children back to ineffective schools and release the schizophrenics and heroin addicts to wander the neighborhoods.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an agenda, has nothing to do with safety of people, etc.
Has everything to do with control and disarm.
Besides, I have never heard a political figure mention once how they are going to get arms out of the criminals hands...
Think about that.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And due to Hipaa, you'll never get open medical records. And even if they did allow for pertinent information to be revealed, there's no guarantee your gun hating physician won't "add" something to your medical record that will be disclosed. Think youjust won't talk to them about your guns? Stop wearing the clothes too. It's actually easy to pick gun owners out.
Expanding the data behind BGCs is definitely a tricky deal. But, we as patients do have control over what is disclosed for what purpose. It wouldn't open up our entire medical record, just the portion that we would allow.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me given the facts.
The only solution is to harden venues. Schools for sure.
You kill them first. School shooting, dead wacko. No one else.
But those fancy paper signs with the circle, red bar and black gun in the middle work so well. They have created an all inclusive symbol that says, "Open Season for Psychos."

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firearms can not be blamed PERIOD. They don’t shoot by themselves, it takes someone(or something) to load, charge(cock hammer) and pull the trigger.
I’m not sure why people are so racist, they are man’s creation and shouldn’t be looked upon any different then a automobile; which by the way kills WAY more people then firearms.
People will obtain guns no matter what, legal or illegal.
I’m not trying to be a donkey but I’m sick and tired of people blaming firearms, they are an inanimate object.
I say if you want firearms gone and believe they are that bad you better ditch your car or truck or your a hypocrite.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And if this in on a form to purchase a firearm where you don’t know if you was born with a hang down or a inny something is wrong and you should be denied immediately
7CBE9095-0CDB-410B-A559-9FDB9B6977BF.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom