Rush to "Gun Control" thoughts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks, we can very easily have all these anti gun laws be passed very soon. It will pass the house and if every single republican votes against it and every democrat votes for it, we are screwed. Manchin is not pro gun. He will vote for it. I don’t understand how so many on here don’t think this can happen. Look at our government. Do you honestly think this can’t happen? Even people on this very forum are supporting more gun control. If supposed pro 2A folks on here are doing that, what do you think the supposed 2A supporters in Washington are doing? Wake up!!
The only thing holding this back is the Senate Filibuster Rule which prevents a simple majority vote to pass law. Manchin is the only one keeping the Democrats from abolishing the rule.

Our rights and freedoms are currently held together by a frayed and thin thread.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing holding this back is the Senate Filibuster Rule which prevents a simple majority vote to pass law. Manchin is the only one keeping the Democrats from abolishing the rule.

Our rights and freedoms are currently held together by a frayed and thin thread.
I forgot about that. That’s a good point. Hopefully he don’t ever cave.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot about that. That’s a good point. Hopefully he don’t ever cave.
Manchin has got to be under some serious pressure from Democrats to cave on his stance regarding the Filibuster rule. I have little doubt that huge promises and large sums of money (by Soros, et al) are being offered to Manchin to throw himself on the sword.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“During my twelve-and-half years as a member of this body, I have never believed that additional gun control or federal registration of guns would reduce crime,” Joe Biden said on the floor of the Senate in July 1985. “I am convinced that a criminal who wants a firearm can get one through illegal, untraceable, unregistered sources, with or without gun control.”

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Maybe I missed something, but didn't Senator Kristen Sinema also indicate in the past to be supportive of keeping the filibuster rule in place?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something, but didn't Senator Kristen Sinema also indicate in the past to be supportive of keeping the filibuster rule in place?
Yes. My mistake - I had to look it up on the internet. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) also voted against removing the filibuster rule. The vote was 52 to 48 to keep the filibuster. Thanks for pointing that out.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. My mistake - I had to look it up on the internet. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) also voted against removing the filibuster rule. Thanks for pointing that out.

No problem. I'm more worried about Republicans such as Collins, Murkowski, Graham, and McConnell.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem. I'm more worried about Republicans such as Collins, Murkowski, Graham, and McConnell.
With Republicans currently in the minority, I don’t think any of those Republicans (term used loosely) would vote to eliminate the filibuster. Romney is another one I have concern with. Even if all 5 of these wild cards voted for new gun control laws, the Democrats still cannot get to the 60 votes needed to pass something in the Senate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom