Rush to "Gun Control" thoughts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can’t really “like” his post, but I believe he’s at least on the right track.

I got torched for suggesting a revision of “red flag laws” to make them inclusive of due process. I wasn’t suggesting a gun law. It’s a defective people law, and if we continue to be knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, small minded, simple fuks instead of admitting that “legal access” should be denied to some people, then the people that think a barrel shroud is “the shoulder thing that goes up” will write the laws, and we won’t like them. The gun community better get involved, because if we just continue on with “meh rights” we’re going to lose those rights.

I don’t want mentally defective persons or violent criminals to have legal access to firearms. That opinion isn’t ever going to change. If you threaten to shoot up a school, I don’t give a **** how old you are, you don’t ever get to legally possess a firearm. You commit a violent felony, you don’t ever get to legally possess a firearm. Actions have consequences. Don’t like it, tough ****. Don’t do those things. I dunno how we get all that done, we’re above my pay grade, but we better be involved in crafting the laws, because the left wants all of the guns, not just the scary black ones. Controlling guns isn’t the answer. Guns are things. It’s violent people control that we need. How many times have repeat felons shot and killed someone and we all said, “he should have been in jail. Damn liberal DA’s and judges”. I agree. Lock them up and throw away the key. Those that would perpetrate violent crimes on the law abiding citizens of this country should forfeit their right to freedom. Some of them should forfeit their right to life.

It ain’t the guns, it’s the people. Mentally defective, evil bastards shooting up schools with legally acquired firearms does not help our cause. It hurts it.

How do we do all that without infringing on your and my rights, I don’t know, but we better figure it out. They will eventually gain enough traction to take them, and then we’ll have to kill or die in an effort to keep them. I believe there are people that shouldn’t have firearms. These two latest mass murderers are excellent examples of those people.
You ain't wrong, but the Dems refused to work with folks that are pro-gun on anything. I'm not a fan of the NRA, but they do have a program to help prevent suicide with firearms, and can't get any traction on it. Tried in Seattle.

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Men must be governed."???????????????? I suggest you think carefully about that, SirROFL...

When men are honest and moral, no laws are needed. When men are dishonest and immoral, no laws are effective.
"Our Constitution was made for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

Do you see a moral and religious people out there? I sure don't, in so many places. Nancy Pelosi? Joe Biden? HA!

John Adams wasn't all that great, himself, but I believe that like Thomas Jefferson, he was inspired to write some things that should echo down the ages.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t the pres’ own son illegally purchase a handgun? How come no outrage there? It’s well documented. Here is one news story. He lied about drug use on the background check which is a felony.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/...-itself-into-case-of-hunter-bidens-gun-477879

If politico isn’t your flavor, do a quick search and you will find the same story from multiple sources.
Yep. And got a pass, with assistance from the FBI and DOJ. Because of who his daddy is, not what he did. You or I did that, we'd be in jail and making Bubba's acquaintance.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched this video yesterday that was posted by Dave Rubin of "The Rubin Report." In it and roughly half way through the video, Rubin posted some graphics regarding "gun deaths" in America that were sourced from the Pew Research people. I'll first post the video and then I'll post the screen grabs of the statistics from the Pew Research report.

View attachment 276686

View attachment 276687

View attachment 276688

View attachment 276690

The Myth That the US Leads the World in Mass Shootings | Jon Miltimore A bit more support...

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Firearms can not be blamed PERIOD. They don’t shoot by themselves, it takes someone(or something) to load, charge(cock hammer) and pull the trigger.
I’m not sure why people are so racist, they are man’s creation and shouldn’t be looked upon any different then a automobile; which by the way kills WAY more people then firearms.
People will obtain guns no matter what, legal or illegal.
I’m not trying to be a donkey but I’m sick and tired of people blaming firearms, they are an inanimate object.
I say if you want firearms gone and believe they are that bad you better ditch your car or truck or your a hypocrite.
Fully agree! And if there are no guns, no automobiles, they will find another way. Rocks and sticks have a long history of being used as murder weapons. Who's calling for them to be outlawed?

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Luke 22:36, in the KJV "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

And:
Matthew 10:34, also KJV "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

I think he'd prefer a bolt gun myself. Pretty sure he was into precision. Nor am I fond of AR-15's, or M-16's, myself. I do not, OTH, think banning them is a good idea. AR's and the semi-auto AK;s are not weapons of war. Heck, I think folks who want full-auto guns should be able to have them, if they can afford them. They are not "Assault Weapons" either. My 1903 Springfield is more of an assault weapon. "Arms" has a specific meaning in the Constitution, however. Any arm, or armor. Knives, cannon, guns, swords, and body armor are all covered. "Nobody needs magazines that hold 30 rounds." Jonathan Browning, was making and selling magazine fed flintlocks in the 1830's with a bar magazine that held from 5-25 shots, depending on the buyer's preference. About 40 years after the Constitution was ratified. Puckle Guns were patented in 1718, in testing one was able to fire 63 shots in a 7-minute period, or 9 rounds per minute. A good musketeer of the time could fire 2-5 rounds per minute. High capacity, high rate of fire. That was about 90 years before the Constitution was ratified. Anyone who thinks they would not have adopted the AR-15/M-16 if it were available has no clue how folks in those days appreciated their weapons.

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." Attributed to William Tyndale, Thomas Jefferson, & Ben Franklin, among others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom