Russian AK 47 ammo ban.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So SG ammo keeps saying in their e-mails that it's a good possibility the US will ban AK 47 (7.62x39) rds coming in from Russia in November. I've got a little stashed back but thinking about getting some more because I don't want to deal with any price gouging if it's possible. Thoughts?

Last edited:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way we keep chipping away at Russian imports, it's possible; they've snuffed out the Russian rifles, so the ammo wouldn't be a stretch.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
At least if it does happen we have American company's making 7.62x39. 5.45x39 i cannot find anyone making it stateside ,hopefully that changes as it is a great round although not the status of its big brother !

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe someone in the US won't take over if the russian imports stop.

True. If the demand is there, someone will make it but they won't make it for the same price as the foreign suppliers.

The ban will probably be announced in conjunction with the bump stock ban that the President says is coming soon.

It will be billed as "relief" for US ammo manufacturers and a job creating initiative.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. If the demand is there, someone will make it but they won't make it for the same price as the foreign suppliers.

The ban will probably be announced in conjunction with the bump stock ban that the President says is coming soon.

It will be billed as "relief" for US ammo manufacturers and a job creating initiative.
Anything that brings jobs to the US is a win right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom