Russian AK 47 ammo ban.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well... you said, "Anything that brings jobs to the US is a win right?"

Hence my "Not necessarily" comment. :drunk2:
I'm still not following. I said anything that brings jobs to the US is a win, and you disagreed by "not necessarily", then I didn't get the reference to WWII in conjunction with "not necessarily". Maybe I'm reading it all wrong.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still not following. I said anything that brings jobs to the US is a win, and you disagreed by "not necessarily", then I didn't get the reference to WWII in conjunction with "not necessarily". Maybe I'm reading it all wrong.
WWII brought a lot of jobs and industry to the US.

But given the resulting death toll, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a "win" for the US.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything that brings jobs to the US is a win right?

Anything? No. Not anything.

As discussed in other threads. The artificial creation of jobs through the banning of imports might help one sector of the economy, but it always hurts other sectors. Not to mention the increase in ammo prices that would come with such a ban, even after domestic production was increased to keep up with demand.

The creation of jobs in the U.S. through innovation and efficiency is a win. It's economics, not politics.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered 1k on Saturday from SG ammo along with some other calibers then I got to thinking I should of made it 2k. Might go ahead and get that before the end of the month. With what I already have I'll be in good shape for a while without ordering anymore but hey ya never know. What I am wondering now is how many rounds is considered "evil" by the snowflakes?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything? No. Not anything.

As discussed in other threads. The artificial creation of jobs through the banning of imports might help one sector of the economy, but it always hurts other sectors. Not to mention the increase in ammo prices that would come with such a ban, even after domestic production was increased to keep up with demand.

The creation of jobs in the U.S. through innovation and efficiency is a win. It's economics, not politics.

So, we are doing the economy right by throwing away any weapon that we can no longer get foreign ammo for and forbid any US manufacturers from producing it, albeit at a possible higher price that open markets should fix in case some other sector may be hurt.
What other sectors may be hurt by this? I’m curious.
We are discussing Eastern Bloc ammunition here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom