Russian AK 47 ammo ban.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything? No. Not anything.
So, we are doing the economy right by throwing away any weapon that we can no longer get foreign ammo for and forbid any US manufacturers from producing it, albeit at a possible higher price that open markets should fix in case some other sector may be hurt.
What other sectors may be hurt by this? I’m curious.
We are discussing Eastern Bloc ammunition here.

Throwing away guns because we can't get ammo for them, and forbidding U.S. manufacturers from making that ammo? Stick to the conversation. We were talking about the U.S. government banning the importation of ammunition and you insisting that that would somehow be good.

I remember when folks like you flipped out at the thought of the government banning the importation of cheap ammo...when a Democrat was in office. Now it's all "Yeah, 'Merica!!!! Ban that commie ammo so we can build it here!".

I'm not rehashing the negative impacts that the long term reduction of U.S. dollars available to foreign countries has on U.S. companies following sanctions, or the negative effects on U.S. consumers. It's economics 101.

Last edited:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a few thousand Red Army Standard, but most of my X39 is Fiocchi or reloaded ammo from a boxer/brass vendor i found online, i've got a few thousand of those and 862 primed and ready to load. so no, i won't be buying any rooski ammo, i'll spend a tad more and get reloadable brass cased rounds

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
heck im going to miss all the cheap steel cased .223 more than the x39 stuff.

EDIT: just re read the OP and nothing was mentioned about .223. I wonder if it will be all Russian ammo or just the x39?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

EDIT: just re read the OP and nothing was mentioned about .223. I wonder if it will be all Russian ammo or just the x39?

Probably just rumors anyway lol. Surely our pro gun President would never take such action.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Anything that brings jobs to the US is a win right?
Yes and I do not mind paying more for either 5.45 or 7.62 both are a joy to shoot and if enough companies start making this ammo we will get more brass options. Right now I can find brass for 7.62 but not 5.45.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Majority of steel cased .223 is from Russia; if they put a ban on Russian ammo, it will be all of it. It's a punitive thing, so playing favorites with calibers isn't going to happen. I've been flush with 7.62x39, and even sold a couple of cases last month. Might have waited had I known this was a possibility, but I'm not too concerned, one way or the other.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Throwing away guns because we can't get ammo for them, and forbidding U.S. manufacturers from making that ammo? Stick to the conversation. We were talking about the U.S. government banning the importation of ammunition and you insisting that that would somehow be good.

I remember when folks like you flipped out at the thought of the government banning the importation of cheap ammo...when a Democrat was in office. Now it's all "Yeah, 'Merica!!!! Ban that commie ammo so we can build it here!".

I'm not rehashing the negative impacts that the long term reduction of U.S. dollars available to foreign countries has on U.S. companies following sanctions, or the negative effects on U.S. consumers. It's economics 101.
I am sticking to the conversation. You're the one that wandered off into tariffs in other threads when I specifically mentioned the ammunition that might be possibly banned, and you didn't answer my question about what other sectors of the economy may be hurt by American ammo manufacturers taking over production, and I even mentioned the free market in the pricing. Amazing how you can't answer a simple question to a statement you made.
Then you go to personal insults that are against forum rules and mention "people like me" in your rant. I'd challenge you to show me one time that I've argued against importation of any ammor. Seriously, find something. I'll help you. You won't.
Your completely off base with that comment, but you just can't help yourself can you? lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom