Rut Report 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Was walking into a stand I hadn't been to in a couple years and was actually walking by another ladder stand when I hear a huge crash in front of me. Too really good bucks are going at it. They're about 50y out in pretty thick timber. I decide to maybe put a stalk on them when a doe comes from them and runs right by me. So I'm thinking I'll just get in this stand and the winner will follow the doe right past me. About that time the fighting stops and here comes a large rack, gets behind a large Osage Orange tree and stops. Stands there for a few minutes and all I can see is its butt. Them he lays down...........so I'm standing next to this tree, lonbow in hand and have this buck laying down 30y away. He lays there for about 20 minutes, turns and walks SW, crosses an opening about 30y away, grunted at him but wasn't interested. 3.5 or 4.5yo 10pt high 140's, but I would have longbowed him in a second lol. Did see a dandy skunk later lol.
20181110_174432.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^ that sucks!
My first deer kill with a bow I was sitting on a large tree limb and legs wrapped around tree trunk and I was hanging sideways to get the shot.
MY Bear bow had a finger on the side to hold arrow and it would work that way.

I later got a Hoyt with overdraw and arrow rested in 2 small channels I got sideways to take a shot in the woods and the arrow fell out of the rest and hit a tree right in front of the deer..Deer looked at me and then at the arrow in the tree and at me again and took off as to say: Dude that could have hit me I outta here.

I could imagine the noise you made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom