Rut Report 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I get to read it on here and watch it from my cameras from 500 miles away but can’t do a dang thing about it.

More than likely, I’m done for this season, but that also means work is good. Work being good is what enables me to get to keep my place up there, so off to work I go...:anyone:
Gotta pay to play!!! I know all about that .:cool:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to the stand a bit late this morning. Knowing how cold it was, I was moving slow getting there. Got there at 640 and grabbed the camera card. While in stand, I reviewed. I had 8 pigs at that stand until 620 and would've walked in on them if I'd been on time. Between 845 and 1125 I saw 6 deer, 4 being yearling or 1.5 year old bucks. None were in a hurry or actively searching. Blew a chance at a mature doe. Saw her coming, ranged the spot and got ready. I then saw another set behind her and opted to shoot the second. The first doe stepped into the woods when the second popped out. It was this year's fawn.... crap. Should've had a deer in the cooler.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with that dlbeak. 2 of my young bucks walked in from opposite directions yesterday afternoon, looked at each other and walked on. They both showed no interest in fighting. They looked totally whipped and ready for a long nap. I think this weekend will see that hunters are going to have a stellar harvest of animals.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed Okie, it could be. Maddox is looking to fill his buck tag and I could use a doe for meat sticks. The rut is really heated up in Okla Co. and it is right on schedule. I'm gonna mess with a couple of bucks and make my own scrape with a set of antlers and then pee in it myself. This really messes with their mind. It has worked before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom