Ruth Bader Ginsburg Movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok ... Flame suit on ... Say what you want about how she has performed her duties on the Supreme Court, she has been a force to be reckoned with. You guys need to remember women have only had the right to vote since 1920. When I went to my first shooting match there was only 2 other woman in this region -- this REGION -- who shot regularly. I can still remember a time when if a woman worked outside the home it was an anomaly and seen as some kind of defect on her part -- because if she was a "good woman" she should have been able to find a man to support her.

I'm not a feminist by any stretch of the imagination, even though some of you think I am, but there is no denying she carved her own way at a time in this world where women were not welcomed with open arms. And for that she deserves my respect.

Ok. Have at it. :sunbath:

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok ... Flame suit on ... Say what you want about how she has performed her duties on the Supreme Court, she has been a force to be reckoned with. You guys need to remember women have only had the right to vote since 1920. When I went to my first shooting match there was only 2 other woman in this region -- this REGION -- who shot regularly. I can still remember a time when if a woman worked outside the home it was an anomaly and seen as some kind of defect on her part -- because if she was a "good woman" she should have been able to find a man to support her.

I'm not a feminist by any stretch of the imagination, even though some of you think I am, but there is no denying she carved her own way at a time in this world where women were not welcomed with open arms. And for that she deserves my respect.

Ok. Have at it. :sunbath:
I don't like her. I don't like her politics. But, at the same time, I can't really argue with what you've said because you are accurate.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree much with her positions, but I really do admire her for the way she has remained true to her principles. She would never make a good politician because she stands for what she believes, never wavering. Darn it!

You won't get any argument from me there, either. I just wish she had been more of a constitutionalist. But then given the time she came of age I'm not sure I can fault her for more than a few of her hardline positions. I know my experiences coming up have certainly shaped my opinions.

Personally I believe feminism lost its way when it veered from equal pay for equal work and equal opportunity and started in with the "we can bring home the bacon and cook it too" because what happened is women in my generation were expected to do it ALL while men still lived like it was the 1950s.

As much as I love Grumpy when we first got together and were both working 2 jobs he honestly believed that as long as he kept the trash taken out he had contributed to his share of keeping the household running. My widower neighbor was downright indignate when he came over one day and Grumpy was sitting in his lawn chair, sipping a DDP while I cut the grass.

We had a pretty rough time of it for a bit because I didn't marry him because I needed a man for anything. I had a good job. My kids had one foot out the front door. I owned my own home. It's MUCH better now because I no longer work outside the home and he still takes out the trash. :hey3: But in all seriousness every man my age I've been involved wirh has been just like him. Not bad men, just men who wanted a girl just like the girl who married dear old dad. Being a single mom was so much easier than being a married woman with kids and a job because women my age had to be the 1950s wife and work like a man, too. Yeah, thanks a lot Gloria Steinem.

However in the end I have no real complaints how things have worked out for me. Being a Stepford wife is a walk in the park and I know no matter what comes my way I can stand on my own 2 feet and take care of whatever comes down the road all by myself if I need to -- and I can shoot a Mosin and drag a deer outta the woods backwards and in heels. Lol. :sunbath:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom