Ruth's Chris Steak House Tulsa...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a chance... you were complaining about people "*****ing"... you specifically said we would b|tch no matter what. I am simply defending myself - we were expressing opinions, it is a discussion and you came in to pull a Warren Metcalf on us. Sorry man, I feel like we have a right in this country and on this forum to express our opinion, even if it is a negative one, so long as we are civil about it. And we were. Seems a whole ton of people here think you can't express a dissenting or negative opinion without labeling the poster as a "complainer"... it's not a complaint - it's an opinion about a specific issue. It's not a rant. No one is raving. It's just a simple discussion.

Oh, I've been on here long enough to understand a near constant pattern of this board. Sorry, but it's hilarious to ***** about a perfection of service, as that's what you get when you go into those places. One should expect it. LOL

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually TR is kind of right in one aspect. I travel alot with my work, have been in NYC alot the last year working on a project, plus my older sis lives there so I go there quite a bit any ways. The really super high end joints there that Ive been to and even a few Ive been to around here (Villa Ravenna in Tulsa for example), the pro servers there know when to come to the table and when to stay away and dont hover over you like alot of places do. Alot of the really fancy NYC joints the waiters have assistants that do most of the grunt work. Scott Cherry the Tulsa World food critic one of his pet peeves is a server who bugs you too much or takes dishes away when youre not done yet, etc. To alot of working people $100 for a couple to have a nice meal is extravagant, to some its not especially if you travel to large cities alot and you go to nice places regularly.

I had been waiting on White River to open their new location in Broken Arrow and it finally opened last week. Been there twice already, once with a friend and Friday with the wife. My wife is picky as they come too, always sends stuff back, etc. W R #2 is an exact copy of the north side location. No ambiance, stand in long lines (if on a Friday night) some times, standard cafe looking tables with a huge amount of communual dining at several huge tables in the middle of the place. Fish market on one side, restaurant on the other. Flown in daily fresh fish and some tasty sides. You have to order at the front counter then find a place to sit, servers will bring your food. Nothing fancy at all. Typical check for two is about $50. But gd, just like the original northside location by the airport- the sea scallops (my favorites) are huge as puffy marshmallows and cooked perfectly, just like the other joint. I dont care what the place looks like or that Im stuffed in with other people arm to arm, they have some serious food going on there. I can deal with the wifes mean looks and discomfort to get my teeth wrapped around one of those damned scallops. She didnt like the place any better than the other location but she did like the food and thats all that matters. And they even overcharged my card. I always look online to do my balances and called em. They took care of it asap next day. Good people and good food.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually TR is kind of right in one aspect. I travel alot with my work, have been in NYC alot the last year working on a project, plus my older sis lives there so I go there quite a bit any ways. The really super high end joints there that Ive been to and even a few Ive been to around here (Villa Ravenna in Tulsa for example), the pro servers there know when to come to the table and when to stay away and dont hover over you like alot of places do. Alot of the really fancy NYC joints the waiters have assistants that do most of the grunt work. Scott Cherry the Tulsa World food critic one of his pet peeves is a server who bugs you too much or takes dishes away when youre not done yet, etc. To alot of working people $100 for a couple to have a nice meal is extravagant, to some its not especially if you travel to large cities alot and you go to nice places regularly.

I had been waiting on White River to open their new location in Broken Arrow and it finally opened last week. Been there twice already, once with a friend and Friday with the wife. My wife is picky as they come too, always sends stuff back, etc. W R #2 is an exact copy of the north side location. No ambiance, stand in long lines (if on a Friday night) some times, standard cafe looking tables with a huge amount of communual dining at several huge tables in the middle of the place. Fish market on one side, restaurant on the other. Flown in daily fresh fish and some tasty sides. You have to order at the front counter then find a place to sit, servers will bring your food. Nothing fancy at all. Typical check for two is about $50. But gd, just like the original northside location by the airport- the sea scallops (my favorites) are huge as puffy marshmallows and cooked perfectly, just like the other joint. I dont care what the place looks like or that Im stuffed in with other people arm to arm, they have some serious food going on there. I can deal with the wifes mean looks and discomfort to get my teeth wrapped around one of those damned scallops. She didnt like the place any better than the other location but she did like the food and thats all that matters. And they even overcharged my card. I always look online to do my balances and called em. They took care of it asap next day. Good people and good food.

What you're describing is called silent service in the industry. The initial comment had to do with "crumb scraping" which is a part of the process, so is pulling and replacing appropriate flatware.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you're describing is called silent service in the industry. The initial comment had to do with "crumb scraping" which is a part of the process, so is pulling and replacing appropriate flatware.

It's different strokes for different folks. When we go on cruises it's fun to pick some of the speciality restaurants and get fussed over. They keep an eye on things. Put my fork down on the wrong side of the plate once a long time ago which was promptly removed and replaced on the correct side with a new one. I like the wine pairings, dressing up for dinner, etc.
Some folks won't eat anything on the cruise but burgers and fries from the buffet in flip flops and bathing suits and they are perfectly happy to do so.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's different strokes for different folks. When we go on cruises it's fun to pick some of the speciality restaurants and get fussed over. They keep an eye on things. Put my fork down on the wrong side of the plate once a long time ago which was promptly removed and replaced on the correct side with a new one. I like the wine pairings, dressing up for dinner, etc.
Some folks won't eat anything on the cruise but burgers and fries from the buffet in flip flops and bathing suits and they are perfectly happy to do so.

I understand that, don't care where people eat as that's not what I'm getting at. I'm saying if you go into a nice place, expect that level of service.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that, don't care where people eat as that's not what I'm getting at. I'm saying if you go into a nice place, expect that level of service.
That's why I pay extra money on those cruises. I expect to be fussed over. I know what side of the plate to put my salad fork on now too!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the wife to Saltgrass tonight. Service level was just an on base at bat.

Wife told them we wanted a booth. After a short wait we got seated at a table. Strike 1.
Ordered drinks, mine was unsweetened tea with lemon. Got unsweetened tea, no lemon. Strike 2 and we were barely sitting down.

I'm thinking it's going to be a bust. Food was okay, so I'd say it's a base hit. The quail appetizer is not recommended though. Sounds good as hell, bacon wrapped quail, jalapeno cream cheese stuffing, sriracha honey. Comes out and you dig in and that cabbage hits you. Cabbage? The garnish is mostly cabbage! Actually its brussel sprouts but...who the hell thought that would even work? Damn! Next time read the menu closer I guess. :hithead:

Latest posts

Top Bottom