S & H Arms - Integrally suppressed 77/44's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody own one of these or do business with these folks in Owasso? Just doing some searching on the net, their name keeps popping up..

It's a great rig, make sure you get the little brother(77/22) also.

Curtis is great to do business with, you wont have any issues with him. His shop is a building behind his house, not a retail store, so make sure you call before you go out.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a great rig, make sure you get the little brother(77/22) also.

Curtis is great to do business with, you wont have any issues with him. His shop is a building behind his house, not a retail store, so make sure you call before you go out.

Spot on. I used to own one (sold it to a friend who bugged me for it for 3 years) and it was stupid quiet with .44 Specials. Full house loads were ear safe in the open and hit with authority.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spot on. I used to own one (sold it to a friend who bugged me for it for 3 years) and it was stupid quiet with .44 Specials. Full house loads were ear safe in the open and hit with authority.

The 77/22 with super calibris is ridiculously quiet, less than a finger snap.

And the .44 with .spl, or with rounds loaded to Curtis' special specs are really quiet for a .44.

I call it the giggle gun, everyone that shoots it giggles when they do...

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have zero experience with anything suppressed. In your estimation, would 300gr 44mags loaded to just under the sound barrier (1050fps or so) be quiet like the 44 specials? Is it breaking the sound barrier that makes rounds noisy or something else like powder burn rates or ????

Any body have pics of theirs they're be willing to post up, would love to see some of their work?

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have zero experience with anything suppressed. In your estimation, would 300gr 44mags loaded to just under the sound barrier (1050fps or so) be quiet like the 44 specials? Is it breaking the sound barrier that makes rounds noisy or something else?

Any body have pics of theirs they're be willing to post up?

It's not like a light switch (off under 1080 and on above). You can definitely notice a difference between 950 and 1050. As a bullet approaches the sound barrier, the air being moved gets quite a bit more turbulent. Keep in mind that the actual speed of sound changes with temp and pressure. A subsonic load in winter might be supersonic in summer. So it won't be as quiet as a Spl, but it will be significantly quieter than anything over 1080ish.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have zero experience with anything suppressed. In your estimation, would 300gr 44mags loaded to just under the sound barrier (1050fps or so) be quiet like the 44 specials? Is it breaking the sound barrier that makes rounds noisy or something else like powder burn rates or ????

Any body have pics of theirs they're be willing to post up, would love to see some of their work?

Only pic I have of mine, friend from New Zealand shooting mine last December. The barrel is laughably large, but very effective...

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_GATS_jj7744_zpsamjx10tz.jpg

Have Curtis build one of these for you too...

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_GATS_IMG_15061_zps1fc5cf9d.jpg

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the 77/44 also. They're very nice and Curtis, the owner, is great to work with. Go see him, he will let you shoot them at his business.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So looking at his website and prices, do I take him the rifle to be converted, or buy the whole thing from him... or both?

Latest posts

Top Bottom