S.Potts 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one is Alabama Damascus, knife length is 9 1/2" total with a 4 3/8" blade from leading edge of bolster. The handle on this one is some awesome Iron Wood Burl with blue G-10 liners and stacking. I put some file work
down the entire spine of the knife, made the sheath from 9oz veggie tanned leather, with a hand stamped basket weave and antique finish.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little something different for me, I love making folders, I hate making folders, I always end up having to make some of the parts 2 or 3 times and this one was no exception. I'm going to replace the pink thumb stud with a black one when I can pick one up. Any way I'm 95% happy with this one, it locks up solid, has 0 play opens and closes very clean basically nothing a few hours of hand sanding wont accomplish right. This is the first DAMASTEEL I have ever used I think its going to be awesome it got hard and seems to take a keen edge.

7 1/2" total
3 1/8" blade
Blade is DAMASTEEL
Handle is giraffe bone with ss bolster, and copper and nickel silver 1/8" pins, pivot point is adjustable.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10'' total length
blade is 5" cpms35vnc stainless steel
handle is blue stabilized pine cone with 416 stainless bolster one 1/4" mosaic 9 1/16 nickel silver pins and a 1/4" lanyard tube....
Sheath is 9oz veggie tanned leather.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never really had a desire to make a chefs knife but I have a good friend opening a restaurant and he wanted me to make him one, here is my version of a 6" chefs knife. I like is so much I'm going to make myself one and will probably add one or two to the rotation from time to time.

6" Chef's knife
blade is 52100 steel
I put a differential heat treatment on this knife, not that it will ever need one, I just wanted the Hammond...lol.
handle is stabilized Box Elder with SS bolster and two 1/4" and one 5/16 Mosaic pins

[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Top Bottom