S.Potts Custom Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As requested by a couple of viewers This is where I will post pic's of the knives I make in my shop. I make each knife from stock materials, I cut, shape, grind, heat treat and assembly each knife by hand, for what that is worth, I have no problem with doing it other ways, to each there own, right.

Here is the first one I will post here, I have made one like this before but to get this post started here is one going to Texas. Yes the photos suck as usual sorry someday I will figure it out...lol.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy the pine cone, most handle materials I purchase, some times I find time to collect certain wood, or make homemade micarta.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you ever customize customer supplied knives? I ask because I have a Busse Basic-11 that would be awesome with custom scales and a polished blade...

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess some solders like hunting style knives as this one is going to be headed over seas. The buyer wanted a Roman numeral III incorporated into the knife so I filed one in the spine of the knife in the middle of regular file work, then the tricky part I left enough of the bark from the rams horn to make a III one each side...kind of, rams horn is a natural material and has a mind of its own.

This one turned out 7 1/4" total with a 3" blade, made from Alabama Damascus.
Handle is Rams horn scales with Mosaic pins and tube, bolster is 416 stainless with a "brushed" finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom