S&W 340PD Back to The Factory - Again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That being a super lightweight .357 you will probably always have problems if you shoot it a lot, Smith's have never been known for toughness in there magnum's, the model 19's had problems going out of time if they were shot much with hotter than .38 special loads so I can only imagine in an alloy framed gun. I love the big N-frames but there not nearly as durable as a Ruger Redhawk or Blackhawk, when it comes to the higher pressure loads. Those lightweights are made to shoot little and carry a lot, which they are great at. I know a a guy who has a 329 PD and has had hell with it since he bought it but its great in the woods carry gun, you forget you even have it its so light. So if I were planning on carrying one of those I would practice with standard pressure .38 specials and then load it with your good defense stuff when you carry it. It'll live a lot longer, that pressure just beats them to pieces.

Yep; that’s what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom