S&W 351c Info/Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking for a handgun to pair up with my CZ 512 in 22 WMR. It'll mostly be carried when I'm in the woods, and rarely as my EDC. Found a great deal on one, cheaper than a LCR.

Anybody have experience with these? I know the trigger will be relatively heavy, since its rimfire. At 11 oz, and with 7 round capacity it looks pretty good on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be watching this, as it's the exact pistol I was looking at for my 77 year old mother. I just can't see paying the price for it right now.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you! Now I need to consider if that stiffer trigger pull will be a problem for her; was going to let her use my SR22, but she doesn't have the hand strength to pull the slide back on it, so I'm thinking revolver, and WRM would be better for an SD house gun for her. Too bad the 351PD is as high as it is, as it would allow her to cock the hammer and have a lighter single action pull. Great price on the "C" - thanks again.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the trigger pull "problem" look into the LCR in .22 mag. I have a 351c and love it. In summer when I'm is shorts, it's in a front pocket. When mowing I load shot shells in first 2 chambers for snakes and 5 hollow points in case I need it for "social work"

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tried to purchase one yesterday, and the website wouldn't cooperate. Tried again today, and the price was back up to MSRP. In the process of looking for other options, I found that PMR-30s are down to around $400-450. I've wanted one for quite a while, but I don't think I'd carry it as much as I would the small revolver. Still, 30 rounds of 22 wmr between mag changes would be pretty cool. Decisions, decisions.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly the Ruger LCR is a better gun than the S&W. Ugly but more modern design and materials. The triggers are much superior with their design and boron nitride coating on the internal surfaces. Much easier to shoot accurately.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you! Now I need to consider if that stiffer trigger pull will be a problem for her; was going to let her use my SR22, but she doesn't have the hand strength to pull the slide back on it, so I'm thinking revolver, and WRM would be better for an SD house gun for her. Too bad the 351PD is as high as it is, as it would allow her to cock the hammer and have a lighter single action pull. Great price on the "C" - thanks again.

I purchased an SR22 for my kids to use when they were younger. It was very susceptible to FTE at the hint of limp-wristing. This may be something to consider if your grandmother has weaker hands.

I had a 351C for a little while. It was almost too light. The combination of the light gun and somewhat stiff trigger made it necessary to really focus on trigger control. It's great for a training tool, but probably not best for your intended use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom