S&W 5906

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a 5906 that I picked up based on a post in the deals forum. A shop in Bixby had 30 of these for sale at 330 OTD. By the time I could get there they were down to five. For this pistol being the dregs, I think it’s in outstanding condition. I was able to run some rounds through it this weekend. Hafta say, these are outstanding pistols, particularly for police trades. These have the best trigger reset of any pistol I’ve fired. I highly recommend grabbing one if they become available again.

Attachments

• 8EC319DB-4E76-4F37-A05D-D9F8267FB2B3.jpeg
    8EC319DB-4E76-4F37-A05D-D9F8267FB2B3.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted one badly back when I had a Marlin Camp 9 but there were none to be found. Now that I traded off the Marlin 5906s are everywhere and at reasonable prices. Oh well, I have a Ruger P89 that I like so I am happy.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the 3rd generation of Smith and Wesson semi aotos are some of the best, but yet, overlooked pistols ever. Tough as nails, eat anything you feed 'em, accurate as you are and, like you said, arguably the very best reset and SA pull of any DA/SA pistola.

The nails that were pounded into their proverbial coffin, were hammered in by none other than Mr. Gaston Glock and his Austrian "Perfection." The Glock 17 had just started coming on the scene and gaining momentum about the same time the 5906 came along. Miami, Florida being the first major agency to adopt the plastic fantastic.

Yup. The S&W 3rd gens are awesome weapons. They're just heavy as the day is long.

Nice score! It will give you a lifetime of shooting pleasure. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom