S&W 940

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 79 next month. What I call "running", most of you would call "laughable". It would be an effort for me to crouch down behind a barrier, a terrapin could out-crawl me and a piss ant could probably out-lift me. The idea of me lasting long enough in a gunfight to worry about changing magazines, or moon clips is fantasy. I am still relatively quick with acquisition and can still hit the side of a barn. If I can't extricate myself from the situation with the first 5 shots, it's over.

With most folks, the speed advantage to moon clips is not an advantage over magazines, but over revolvers without moon clips.

Having said all that, it is pretty quick and easy to change out a moon clip. My issue with them is loading and unloading the clip itself. It would be a drag on the range after the first 100 rounds. But, I no longer do that with anything except my .22's anymore.

I also don't like the options for carrying extra clips in the summer time. They're bulky

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I had a 940 several years ago, with wood grips. It was a pleasure to shoot, but the revolver design that suits me best, by a country mile, is in the Night Guard series. Got a 325 and 327, so I sold the 940 and other modern revolvers in my collection.

Enjoy!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna get some wood grips. I need to get a grip removal tool, as well. This has "no-screw" grips. I think I can get the tool from Hogue. It's just a little plastic device.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna get some wood grips. I need to get a grip removal tool, as well. This has "no-screw" grips. I think I can get the tool from Hogue. It's just a little plastic device.

I thought I had one of those in my "misc. parts box" I would have gladly sent to you but it's gone to that mysterious place where small springs and tiny parts often go when you're cleaning a gun sometimes...anyway, you don't really need that Hogue gizmo thing; you can just pry the sucker off and pull it down towards the bottom of the grip.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that was my next move, but the lady at Hogue said she would send me one, so I'll wait a few days. Don't have a replacement yet, anyway. Thanks for the thought, though.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
940grips.JPG

Got some new shoes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom