S&W EZ 380 carry options for woman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife carries the same firearm. She wears tops/shirts most of the time and wears a belly band holster. I'm not sure which brand, but she loves the holster.
Is the "holster" on that belly band hard shell? Sometimes the belly band stuff can be workable but if you aren't running a hard shell that fits the firearm properly that can be "not good" because it is possible for the trigger to get pulled when you don't intend that.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife carries the same firearm. She wears tops/shirts most of the time and wears a belly band holster. I'm not sure which brand, but she loves the holster.
We need links to these holsters please. My wife does not wear belts, hates purses, designed by a man, and won't carry unless it is secure and non grabbable by a perp.

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of points.
A. The Phlster Enigma combined with a proper holster that will fit the gun has a huge amount of benefit for females in particular because they are not required to wear clothing with a belt. If you are concerned about adjustment etc go hit up their website because they have a TON of concealment educational material not only for the Enigma but also for concealment principles in general.
B. If the Flashbang holster is a problem (they are reasonable in certain cases but you have to be busty enough to outsize your gun if you want actual concealment) because of the kiddos then OWB is going to be a problem as well, as ladies have hips for a evolutionary reason. Kiddos are often placed on those hips.
C. When you go looking for a holster go with solid manufacturers. JM Custom Kydex, Dark Star Gear, Tenicor, Safariland, etc. We The People, Aliengear, Crossbreed, and other do NOT fall into the solid manufacturer category.
D. Highly recommend for ALL of those with kiddos around when you are carrying to go take Citizens Defense Research Armed Parent/Guardian course. They teach in differnt places around the country but I do have them coming here to MeadHall next year. Some of our natural tendencies with kids are actually not the best idea and CDR has some phenomenal material on the subject.
What he said

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife is getting a new pistol soon. She picked out the M&P EZ 380 2.0 with safety.

This will be her first one she will actually carry. Current events and uncertainty with how safe this town we live in really is has her convinced to start carrying. Right now we are trying to figure out a holster for her and having a tough time. I personally like IWB carry with my 43x. She is interested in IWB kind of but she found a kydex holster that attaches to the bra. (I think it’s called flash bang) I kinda think the bra holster isn’t a good idea right now with picking up and holding babies.

I’ve tried to convince her of getting a purse but she doesn’t like purses and doesn’t use one. I also kinda believe the firearm should be on your person at all times but a purse would be better than not carrying at all...

Anyways OSA, how does your wife carry and does she have any suggestions and tips for my wife?
My wife uses belly bands when she wears tops, and a few different can-can thigh holsters with skirts and dresses. She carries a S&W Shield and an LCP2.

Wyatt M

Marksman
Reaction score
That is probably the farthest thing from secure as anything on the market.
Agreed. It does seem to be able to keep the gun from randomly falling out, provided the fit is tight. Beyond that, however, if solid retention, possibly a strap, and non-grabbing from a perp is required, you should look for other options.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My fiancé carries once in a blue moon, typically when she’s gone off by herself for the weekend, she likes going and staying in a cabin or something in the middle of nowhere and relaxing, maybe does some hiking. when she does, she typically carries Appendix or pretty close to it while wearing yoga pants and a longer/flowier kinda shirt. I forget what the name is, but they make clips that work great for iwb type carry without a belt.oh, and she has a Hellcat. Easy to conceal for sure, esp when you have boobs to help keep the shirt off your body. Lol.

Her sister does the same, kinda style/approach to where and how she carries, but she carries more towards 1 or 2 o clock, so that she can hold kids with her left arm, leaving her gun undisturbed and her right arm free. She also has a belly band that she uses, which I think is a great system for the fairer sex, considering the clothing industries discrimination against women them having fashionable, practical clothes and pockets. But her problem is that even with a bulkier shirt she’s too small (5’3, mayyybe 110lbs, no boobs) to conceal her pistol, which is a ruger american compact. That will likely change in the future, it seems like a fine pistol, but it constantly jams on her, and even occasionally on me. I certainly don’t limp wrist it, and she doesnt too much, she’s pretty strong for her size. But its just seemingly unreliable and is just too thick for her frame To conceal well.

honestly, with fanny packs coming back into style, I think that’s a great way to carry, regardless of What sex you identify as. Just don’t get a dang tactical fanny pack that screams “i have a gun and most likely some grunt style shirts in my closet”. You can buy regular fanny packs and with a little creativity put in a means to secure your firearm. I plan on using a fanny pack as I’m starting to ride a bicycle, will be handy for a sidearm as well as my wallet/phone, since those fancy stretchy bibs that show off my hank hill butt don’t have pockets typically.

Latest posts

Top Bottom