S&W M&P 2.0 compact questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All good replies. I have handled them and if the texture is too severe I'll do like Mad Professor and knock some of the sharpness off. I'm planning on carrying IWB and potentially looking at appendix carry after getting some training on that specific carry style. With appendix there is some natural trepidation. I truly believe the placement of your trigger finger is the primary safety. With that being said, I'm thinking the thumb safety will give me another level of assurance. Especially during reholstering.
Great info guys. By all means give me all your thoughts on the subject. I believe in looking at decisions from every angle. (sometimes to obsession) Thanks!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All good replies. I have handled them and if the texture is too severe I'll do like Mad Professor and knock some of the sharpness off. I'm planning on carrying IWB and potentially looking at appendix carry after getting some training on that specific carry style. With appendix there is some natural trepidation. I truly believe the placement of your trigger finger is the primary safety. With that being said, I'm thinking the thumb safety will give me another level of assurance. Especially during reholstering.
Great info guys. By all means give me all your thoughts on the subject. I believe in looking at decisions from every angle. (sometimes to obsession) Thanks!

If you're carrying AWIB then the 3.6 is the way to go. IMO.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of carrying with an empty chamber. Condition one all the time.
I SMH everytime I see some TV Cop rush into a building and then rack the slide hiding behind some cardboard that won't stop a bullet. They just gave away their tactical position in the first place, and they could have got shot after going in the door. TV cops are silly.
You might as well not carry if you ain’t got one in the chamber. I always have mine ready to go. And that’s the way it will always be. My wife carries with one in too.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue with one in the chamber with picket or purse carry and the weapon not being in a holster of some sort is things tend to move. Remember those women with pistols going off not too long back while trying to find something in their purse? You have a higher risk of negligent discharge in such situations. But pocket or purse carry with a pistol in a holster that wants to come out with it won't do a lot of good either and I can rack the slide a lot faster on the draw than trying to pull a holster off. This also all ranks in the personal preference department and there is no wrong way to do it... You know the opinions are like something department.

With that said I carry with one in the chamber as well, I want to draw and go bang.

Latest posts

Top Bottom