S&W Model 29 vs 629?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a nice looking 629-1 8.375" barrel at a local place today. I really like the SS look and it had a nice trigger too. Very little wear. I'm thinking of trading in my 29-2 w/ 8.375" barrel for it. Mine also has the wooden case and cleaning tools. It's in very good condition also.
The 29 has more history (Dirty Harry movies) but the 629 looks better (to me). I'm no expert on revolvers, should I do it? And no, I can't have both! Wish I could...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, something about classic wood and blue. The presentation case has value by itself, even more of you have the tools. Research the variations of the screw driver that come with the tools. Some are more valuable than others. I would keep the box and see if they'll trade guns straight up if you want the stainless.

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK! OK! You guys have talked me out of it. I'll keep the 29. Now I must decide if I want to put the 629 or the 929 PC on layaway! I didn't tell ya about the 929 PC, it's sweet! Maybe a 'go fund me' page so I can buy both?

Latest posts

Top Bottom