S&W Model 610 10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can fix it. It will be as good or better than a Performance Center trigger. Check my signature line....... ;)
That's very nice of you. I might take you up on it, after my 610 has had a few hundred rounds through it. That is quite often the best action job that there is.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonders never cease. After waiting for almost three weeks, due to very inclement weather, (floods and tornadoes) I FINALLY got to shoot the 610. Teresa (my wife) came with me and shot the Walther PPK/s in .22 Long Rifle . Watching her shoot was fun especially when she hit the bottles. Anyway, the wait on the 610 was worth it as it ran like a champion. 66 SELLIER & BELLOT rounds went off and the S&B primers are, from what I hear, very hard. I figure if it will reliably shoot the S&B stuff, it will handle anything. A few more shooting sessions with no light primer strikes, and I will have a new carry gun. The recoil, while it was certainly there, was very manageable, and this was partly due to the Pachmayr Compac grips that my brother Dennis introduced me to when I lived back in Seattle I've always liked them.

I had loads of fun today.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have owned two, still have the first gen. Good revolver. If you suspect gunk in the lockwork, suggest rinsing with lighter fluid (outdoors, not on the 4th of July and not while tending the barbeque)

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just had a case of S&B 180 gr 10 mm delivered and so far, the gun has functioned perfectly. I'm going to try and get some Winchester 175 gr Silvertips for it. I remember that stuff being a handful. in my 5". There are three whole boxes plus a partial box of Black Talons on top of my safe as well, but I don't plan on shooting them up. If I want something similar to the BT, I can get the SXT loads. .Speer GDHP might be a good round for social encounters as well.

For some odd reason, the 610 with full power loads is significantly easier to handle than the 45 ACP 230 gr hardball in my 625. The momentum of the 10 180 x 1150 is 207000, while that of the 45ACP is 230 x 850 is 195500. Part of it could be the slight difference in the weight of the two guns 40.5 oz for the 625 vs the 610's 42.6, I use the same grip on both guns (Pachmayr Compacs).

The recoil momentum for the 610 is 4859, while the 625 has 4827 which should mean slightly less felt recoil with the 625, but I actually feel less recoil in the 610..Weird.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try some underwood or Buffalo Bore heavy 10mm ammo. You can certainly feel the difference over range ammo. The S&B is great range ammo along with the Sig branded ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here (AT LAST!!) is a picture of my 610 with the Pachmayr Compacs.

thumbnail_IMG_0103.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom