S&W model 65

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to have grabbed one of those up as a project gun but I’d like it the SA/DA and a full hammer. I agree that there’s just something funky about a bobbed hammer. To me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to have grabbed one of those up as a project gun but I’d like it the SA/DA and a full hammer. I agree that there’s just something funky about a bobbed hammer. To me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different strokes I guess...the look of a bobbed hammer doesn't bother me. I'm actually partial to the looks of the factory S&W DAO hammers, but it's also a function over form issue. For those of us who shoot in DA rather than SA, the hammer spur is expendable. It just adds bulk, unnecessary mass to cycle, and interferes with your hold if you happen to prefer a high grip.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Range toys vs defensive guns are about the same difference as genitals vs marital aids.

One is actually for a purpose and the other is just for fun? Sounds exactly like what I said.

There might be something else to it but I don't have any experience with them; it sounds like you might.

Latest posts

Top Bottom