S&W MP CORE Performance Center/CORE Only/ Performance Center!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbc

Marksman
Reaction score
So I'm kind of confused about what exactly these things mean. I get that CORE stands for competition optics ready equipment. So it's got the milled slide. But it's hard to find a CORE performance center. Performance center I read says something about being computer tuned or something? I want to CORE because I'm going to be adding a red dot but should I try and find a performance center one or are all CORE already given that treatment because they will be used in competition? I'm having a terrible time finding an answer to this online. Hopefully someone here knows exactly what these marks mean and can straighten me out.
Also I was wanting the tall iron sights so that I could co witness. I haven't used rds before so I'm not too sure how important it is to be able to so that seems like it would get in the way but I guess if your battery went out you'd be happy to have it? So yeah I've got lots of questions about this platform.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There is the Pro Series CORE that is a level between regular production and the Performance Center.

From what I understand the PF version is ported and has a lighter trigger. There may be other differences also but I'm not sure.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Performance Center CORE has a tuned trigger with a trigger stop, polished internals, and ported barrel slide combo and suppressor sights and optics ready. It’s a nice gun, I picked one up couple days ago. The Pro CORE does not come with the ported barrel and slide but I believe has a tuned trigger, suppressor sights and is optics ready. The regular MP 2.0 CORE is a stock gun that is optics ready. I found my Performance Center CORE at https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/247281

Last edited:

Jbc

Marksman
Reaction score
Ok, great thanks for the info. Now I just need to decide on that one or the 5 inch. Have you shot it yet? Does it have full closure around the bullet? I know that the sd40ve would leave pressure marks on the brass because it was unsupported in a spot and I don't like that because I reload and that will weaken the brass.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t shot it yet, but hope these pics help
3F548D37-4706-41A9-A22A-6DC8A4ADB4DA.jpeg
B6ECC8D8-BC75-4568-B99C-365BE2B19F2E.jpeg

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would but I’m out of town at the moment. I’ll post it when I get back. I read that the plates for the 1.0 core are different than the 2.0 core. I have the 2.0.

Latest posts

Top Bottom