S&W MP&P .22 Compact - My Thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whooo-eee! Lemme tell you something; this is one fine shootin' little "tactical-style" .22lr pistola! I have two of them. These are super easy to take down to clean, eat any ammo you feed it, and are great trainers as well as just plain fun little guns for plinking. If you haven't shot one of these yet, well, you oughta.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am glad to hear good things about the new S&W guns. I love their older ones, but have seen many postings on the S&W site about issues. Then again, they are putting lots of guns out there so opportunity for issues is greater.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am glad to hear good things about the new S&W guns. I love their older ones, but have seen many postings on the S&W site about issues. Then again, they are putting lots of guns out there so opportunity for issues is greater.

I haven't seen any issues about the M&P .22 Compact

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whooo-eee! Lemme tell you something; this is one fine shootin' little "tactical-style" .22lr pistola! I have two of them. These are super easy to take down to clean, eat any ammo you feed it, and are great trainers as well as just plain fun little guns for plinking. If you haven't shot one of these yet, well, you oughta.

Slip on over to the classifieds and pick up a third one. Heh, Heh!

And, BTW, they are easy shooting plinkers. Everyone with an M&P big caliber needs one.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Concur! I have an M&P Compact as my EDC so this is a great form-fit-function (and money saving) trainer.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slip on over to the classifieds and pick up a third one. Heh, Heh!

And, BTW, they are easy shooting plinkers. Everyone with an M&P big caliber needs one.

I've been trying to convince the wife we should buy yours "just in case" you know. She said "what just in case? Just in case I kick you out to the garage if you spend any more money on that gun nonsense you're so eat up with this month?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. These are fantastic little generalist .22 pistols. I have 1800 rounds through mine at this point and I will never sell it.

The SAO trigger breaks in to a clean break that feels well under 5 lbs. Trigger is a major advantage of the M&P 22 Compact over the DA/SA Ruger SR22. I think the Ruger is a well made gun but its DA trigger pull is just awful.

MP22C runs beautifully with hi velocity .22 ammo and also with most normal std velocity ammo. It does not run well with sub sonics or soft target loads. CCI Std Velocity is my pistol's favorite ammo.

10/10 buy one.

Last edited:

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have to agree. I love my M&P .22 Compact. My wife likes to plink with it in the back yard with Aguila 20-grain Colibri ammo. It's only accurate up to about 15-20 feet. After that I think the bullet drop is like a 12" drop for every inch of travel lol! It won't cycle the weapon, so she manually cycles the slide after each shot. It keeps things quiet, and is fun to shoot out of the .22 Compact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom